All times are UTC

Post subject: Editing Live 9's Browswer - Missing Files in User Library
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:01 pm 

Hello Ableton Community!

I've recently started trying to organize my Live browser to have everything (all samples, sounds, clips, etc.) organized in a way that is most beneficial to me. However, Live's browser makes it (in my opinion) extremely difficult to customize the organization of these components. For example, to get all my clips and sounds organized, I had to move every pack of mine to the User Library and then manually go through and put the files in folders. However, what I've found is that when I move the files from the host pack, any device that uses files within the pack itself doesn't work without using the File Manager to re-find the corresponding files. I hoped this would be a one-time affair, but EVERY time I load that instrument or simpler into a track, I have to re-search for the correct files, which is extremely stupid.

My question is this: Is there a way to re-define the default location of files for various instruments and devices? I'm getting really frustrated at all this, especially since I started it to get more organized and it seems to me that Live is doing everything in its power to prevent that.

Thanks!