Whats up with Cropping audio???

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
robbiePie

Whats up with Cropping audio???

Post by robbiePie » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:07 am

I select a region of audio I want cropped. I right click and select "crop sample". The thinking bar goes up, and then it presents me with the exact same piece of audio I wanted to crop out. I figured it was a bug that maybe ableton was thinking you needed to move the clip start point to the start of what you need to crop, yet even still it doesnt crop. Whats up?

pbelchamber

Re: Whats up with Cropping audio???

Post by pbelchamber » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:29 am

In session view, you need to have the loop brace set to the section you want to keep. I find the easiest way to do this is mouse-drag the section you want to keep, press Ctrl-L to set the loop brace and then right click->crop sample.
In Arrange view, you don't use crop, you select the area you want to remove and then press Delete or Ctrl+Shift+Delete, depending on whether you want to do a straight delete or delete time. It seems you don't need to set the loop brace in arrange view, just mouse dragging and highlighting the area is enough.
Hope this helps

robbiePie

Re: Whats up with Cropping audio???

Post by robbiePie » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:46 am

Hey thanks,
I may be mistaken but I don't think live 8 required loop points to be set - just needed to select and highlight the area to keep...