Selecting correct note mode for Push in multi-chain rack.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
patrickstinson

Selecting correct note mode for Push in multi-chain rack.

Post by patrickstinson » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:41 am

It appears that Push decides whether to use scale mode or drum sequencer mode by looking at the first chain in an instrument rack. I have one chain per song, and the type of instrument changes per song and I just disable the chains that are not in use. Is there any way to force push to use a certain mode for a track, or somehow map it to a macro knob? It would be nice to be able to sequence the drums and play the keys.

Thanks!
Web | Mobile | Audio
http://vedanamedia.com/

beef_wellington

Re: Selecting correct note mode for Push in multi-chain rack.

Post by beef_wellington » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:13 am

Any solution to this?

TomViolenz

Re: Selecting correct note mode for Push in multi-chain rack.

Post by TomViolenz » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:14 am

How are you triggering the chain selector change?
I'm asking because you could set something like this up with clyphx and x-clips.

So you would name your clips, that play the different parts (and have the chainselector automated I assume?!):

Code: Select all

[Clip Name] PUSH DRINS
If you also want to tell it which scale it should be in, and what should be the root you could call it:

Code: Select all

[Clip Name] PUSH DRINS ; PUSH SCL TYPE MAJOR ; PUSH SCL ROOT C
The Scale type and Root are of course for you to decide, the above are just examples.

There is only one small problem: And that is I don't see a function in clyphx to force it back to Drumrack mode?!

I would relate these questions to Stray over at the clyphx beatwise forums, he may know the answer/be willing to help.