manual update

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
etruscan

manual update

Post by etruscan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:00 am

my auto software update doesn't work I downloaded 9.0.5 update for Live 9 standard and I now have it sitting on my computer as a zip file. ow do I install from here. Also do I need to worry about library live packs or my Live 8 library files?

Thank you

etruscan

Re: manual update

Post by etruscan » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:39 pm

Windows 7.

Post by 102455 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:01 pm

From your Windows desktop, press the F1 key on your keyboard. It'll be near the top left of your keyboard.

Pressing F1 brings up Windows help. Type the word zip into the white box that says "search help", then either press the enter/return key on your keyboard or click the little picture of the magnifying glass on the right hand side of the white box where you just typed zip.

This will bring up help about zip files. Click the first result (the one that says "Compress and uncompress files"). Now there are two further options. The one you need is the second one, which says "To extract or unzip". Once you've clicked on that second option, you should now see instructions about what to do.

This process is called learning how to use a computer. :-)

Alternatively you can use Google to find help about zip files, or just double click the bloody thing. When it opens, choose the extract option.

ark

Post by ark » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:14 pm

On Windows 7 you can simply click a zip file and it will display its contents. You can then drag any file you like into another folder and Windows will decompress the file and copy it.