Suite instruments

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
bytheriver

Suite instruments

Post by bytheriver » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:47 pm

Looking for a bit of friendly advice, I want to get my hands on collision to do modulated percussion parts for techno/tech house tracks, I have live 9 standard at the moment.

I also have a decent number of other synths (ACE, Massive, Reaktor, SubBoomBass and synth squad) which is if I'm honest far more than I need or can really make use of most of the time.

Do operator / analogue bring much to the table to make them worth the extra to get suite compared to what I have already?

How about Max for live? I've never really used Reaktor past downloading other peoples hard work and enjoying it, do you guys find you use the available patchs much once you get past noodling around for the novelty of it?

Da hand

Re: Suite instruments

Post by Da hand » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Why not try it out for yourself? You can get the full Suite for 30 days and see if it fits with your needs.

jlgrimes

Re: Suite instruments

Post by jlgrimes » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:58 pm

Operator is probably the most worthwhile synth. Analog second IMO.

Suite also gets u more samples and effects and Max, so u are getting more than synths.

Max is a bit different than Reaktor.

Reaktor is more for synths and effects, while Max4live is a very integrated setup with Ableton.

People use Max for anything from synths to customizing controllers. Max also has great midi and audio effects and samplers.

I like Reaktors synths a little better.