CPU usgae issues on SCAN 3XS LAPTOP

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
_chelios

CPU usgae issues on SCAN 3XS LAPTOP

Post by _chelios » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:26 pm

I have recently downloaded live 9 trial as I was having CPU issues with live 8. Running very CPU friendly VST's and only a few tracks e.g 5 impulse with a TAL bassline and I was peaking at 50-60% CPU??! I am running windows 7 home edition 64bit 8.0GB RAM Intel Core i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, I bought the laptop specifically for production and to get away from my desktop which is older with 4.0GB on an i5 processor but somehow with it I can run multiple NI VST's and endless tracks without having any CPU issues. I was hoping downloading live 9 may have solved some issues but the exact same thing is happening, even just playing the demo track that loads up when first opening, I am away up at 60% CPU again.

Any help or idea of what maybe causing this appreciated...

_chelios

Re: CPU usgae issues on SCAN 3XS LAPTOP

Post by _chelios » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:46 pm

BUMP....any help appreciated

wjbuchanan

Re: CPU usgae issues on SCAN 3XS LAPTOP

Post by wjbuchanan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:48 am

What model is it? Check Scan's site for an updated BIOS, and also chipset/audio drivers.

Check there are no power saving options enabled in the BIOS, and set Windows 7 power mode to "High Performance" instead of "Power Saving" or "Balanced".

Usually when I get a new computer, I do a clean install of Windows to get rid of any bloatware that the manufacturer has put on there. Maybe want to do the same if you are using it for production. Is there anything running in the background, like anti-virus, firewalls, trial software that's been installed, that you could shut down?

Cheers