How to stop the loop from playing in drum rack on Launchpad?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mr MK

How to stop the loop from playing in drum rack on Launchpad?

Post by Mr MK » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:17 am

Please help!!! Thanks a lot!
Last edited by Mr MK on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mirthan

Re: How to stop the loop from playing in drum rack?

Post by Mirthan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:23 am

Hit the stop button?
(Pm me if you need something. Always down to help.)

My social things:
https://soundcloud.com/mirthan
https://twitter.com/iamMirthan

Mr MK

Re: How to stop the loop from playing in drum rack?

Post by Mr MK » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:12 am

Mirthan wrote:Hit the stop button?
Thanks for replying but Im using the launchpad so how can I stop the loop on that?

yur2die4

Re: How to stop the loop from playing in drum rack on Launchpad?

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:12 am

Yeah. I know what you mean.

Here is what I know about this topic:

1. Sometimes if people are only using 8 or less tracks, they'll actually midi map the stop button to the bottom row in Launch mode. (Or they might map it to a spare button on User 1 mode, which can come in handy of they are using it to play drum racks)

2. In Mixer mode there is a row for stopping clips.

3. In Mixer mode you can unarm the channel. Then you'll be able to stop a clip.

Mr MK

Post by Mr MK » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:28 am

yur2die4 wrote:Yeah. I know what you mean.

Here is what I know about this topic:

1. Sometimes if people are only using 8 or less tracks, they'll actually midi map the stop button to the bottom row in Launch mode. (Or they might map it to a spare button on User 1 mode, which can come in handy of they are using it to play drum racks)

2. In Mixer mode there is a row for stopping clips.

3. In Mixer mode you can unarm the channel. Then you'll be able to stop a clip.
Thanks so much! But can you show me some picture or describing how to map it in user 1? Because I have never use the midi map and it is little bit confusing. :S

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:47 am

There are a few steps.

First, in order to be mappable, the "Remote" button in MIDI Preferences should be enabled for the Launchpad.

Next, on the top right of the Live screen is a MIDI button (or Ctrl+m). When turned on most things turn blue, meaning you are in midi map mode.

Choose a button or knob or anything on the screen and then press a button on your controller. A number or letter will show up on that blue spot meaning you've mapped it. Then you exit map mode, and the button should do things to that device.

For your situation, be in User 1 mode before going into midi map mode.

Then, on the channel of your drum rack, there is a stop button on the channel. On the far right of the screen is a "Stop all Clips" button on the master channel. That entire row has a stop button for each channel. So you use that row, where it intersects with your drum rack channel.

Mr MK

Post by Mr MK » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:36 am

yur2die4 wrote:There are a few steps.

First, in order to be mappable, the "Remote" button in MIDI Preferences should be enabled for the Launchpad.

Next, on the top right of the Live screen is a MIDI button (or Ctrl+m). When turned on most things turn blue, meaning you are in midi map mode.

Choose a button or knob or anything on the screen and then press a button on your controller. A number or letter will show up on that blue spot meaning you've mapped it. Then you exit map mode, and the button should do things to that device.

Then, on the channel of your drum rack, there is a stop button on the channel. On the far right of the screen is a "Stop all Clips" button on the master channel. That entire row has a stop button for each channel. So you use that row, where it intersects with your drum rack channel.
Thanks So much!!! I'll try it when I get home an thanks for your help!! XD

Mr MK

Post by Mr MK » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:13 am

yur2die4 wrote:There are a few steps.

Hi it is me again so I tried at home but when I set a midi key as the ''stop all clips'' button doesn't work for me :(
If it is possible can you pls show me some picture and explain it for me?

Regard