Very Bad Ableton Latency

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Dragonbreath

Re: Very Bad Ableton Latency

Post by Dragonbreath » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:25 pm

You really shouldnt play with that driver compensation if you dont know what your doing. Its probably exactly that is creating your problem. Im thinking that with every pass you record, ableton is delaying everything by the compensation number, so with every layer record things get more and more out of sync. Try leaving at 0ms and your problems should disapear. What latency is ableton reporting before you play around with the latency compensation?

Bottom line is dont touch it! If its not done right your just making things worst for yourself!!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:57 pm

Dragonbreath wrote:Bottom line is dont touch it! If its not done right your just making things worst for yourself!!
lame. learn your tools, read the manual if you're scared of it. this isn't complicated stuff.

Ableton can't report the correct latency, I've already posted why.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Dragonbreath

Post by Dragonbreath » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:03 pm

I know how it works. Im just saying unless you go trough the right steps your doing more damage then good. So do it exactly the right way, or dont do it at all

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:31 pm

:roll:

then teach a user how to use it, don't teach him to fear basic features of his DAW. recording audio into Live without setting this doesn't make a lot of sense. this is not difficult stuff.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

eprince

Post by eprince » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:30 am

I'm having the same problem. Really fucking pissed off about this. Theres seriously no fix for a whole .5 second midi delay . What in the literal fuck. FUCKKKK

miyaru

Post by miyaru » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:30 am

What system are you using, what interface etc. OS? Plug Ins? Sonarworks Reference?

And yes, have a merry XMass too........
Greetings from Miyaru.

Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, Live Suit 10, Push2, Reason Suite 11, Presonus Eris E8, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Korg R3, NI Massive, Rob Papen's Predator 2, Sonarworks Reference 4 and Scaler.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:57 pm

eprince wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:30 am
I'm having the same problem. Really fucking pissed off about this. Theres seriously no fix for a whole .5 second midi delay . What in the literal fuck. FUCKKKK
Calm down buddy. Not the best way to kick the door open and enter a room.

Maybe (calmly and without the rude and obnoxious language) start a thread of your own instead or reviving a 6 year old thread and detail what your issue is, your computer details, your audio hardware and your specific audio settings, sample rate and buffer settings. Delay is almost always caused by incorrectly set up audio (or no audio interface) or a plugin (such as Izotope Ozone) that creates a huge internal processing delay of its own. Issues very easily solved when you know a little about what you are doing.

Or if you really aren't interested to get help, just carry on as is and be sure to switch the lights off when you leave.

Stu888

Post by Stu888 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:53 pm

I removed waves mastering chain plugin and that solved all my latency whilst recording guitar parts.