iPhone control of Live macros

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
joefrost01

iPhone control of Live macros

Post by joefrost01 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:01 am

Hi,

Can anyone recommend me an iPhone app that will allow control of the macros for the currently selected track in Live?

It doesn't need to be super sophisticated but it does need to follow track selection or allow easy switching of the currently effected track. I just need something that will partner nicely with my 11" MacBook Air when I'm on the train and allow controller input. As I've always got my phone with me and it has a touch interface then it seems like the obvious choice.

Cheers,

Joe

borg

Re: iPhone control of Live macros

Post by borg » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:35 pm

install SelectedTrackControl on your mac, get a simple iOs midi controller, set it up so it corresponds to the midi implementation chart of STC, and off you go...
andy
2015 MBP, OSX 10.12, Live 10.1 64bit, RME Fireface 800

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:24 pm

TouchOsc. Fader input is better than encoder for the macros, so you can set a page up with 8 faders, then make a user remote script for it and select it in the preferences. Very handy.
ImageImage

joefrost01

Post by joefrost01 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:34 am

Good call. I tried this and it works like a charm. Picks up whichever device is currently selected and eight faders fits nicely on the phone screen. With CoreMIDI there's no need for a server app on the Mac and it took only a couple of minutes to do the remote script.

As an added bonus I made myself a three octave Push-style note grid in a-minor with a mod wheel fader on page 2.

Next stop drum pads and a mini mixer screen.

Do you know if there is a way to manipulate objects with other objects in TouchOSC e.g. create a transpose button for a keyboard etc?