HELP i have to wipe my computer!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MUNCHED

HELP i have to wipe my computer!!!!

Post by MUNCHED » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:00 pm

hi everyone, as stated above i have to wipe my computer once again, not to do into detalis why but i will, i installed a 64bit on my 32 bit and it came up with a error system 32 bla bla...balls!! anyways my main issue here is whats the best way for me to get all my projects onto the new efficiantly, i really have only 4 main projects that i want to be able to re-open again would me collect all and save make everything better, also i will be moving everything onto my external hardrive its just that if i collect and save will it have to look for any of my files about the new install or should i try and make folders similar to the old to help ableton finding them? whats the easiest way for this
windows vista, intel core 2 duo 3.06 ghz, 4 gig ram,Ableton 8, Xone 4D, traktor scratch PRO!!

nathannn

Re: HELP i have to wipe my computer!!!!

Post by nathannn » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:33 am

Thats what I think of when people say they need to wipe their computer.

What you need to do is restore/reinstall something.
Also I can't help you because I don't understand what you are saying.
Try to be more intelligible.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Mirthan

Post by Mirthan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:20 am

nathannn wrote: Also I can't help you because I don't understand what you are saying.
Try to be more intelligible.
I'll second that.
(Pm me if you need something. Always down to help.)

My social things:
https://soundcloud.com/mirthan
https://twitter.com/iamMirthan

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:27 am

yeah, i'll third that...

it's not making much sense. how do you perform a Collect All & Save on a computer that won't boot?

supposing that you can boot... you would create a folder for the Collect All & Save to save to on the external drive.

still, on the one hand you speak to needing to reinstall everything due to possibly not being able to log on... on the other you speak as though everything is accessible. which is it?

i happen to know that the system 32 blurb means you're using Windows, but you might want to specify that type of thing more clearly if you need assistance. a 64 bit what??? OS... copy of Live??

you need to clarify. your post sounds desperate... and while you may be, it doesn't help any of us help you.