TOUCHABLE 2 - First teaser video

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
glitchrock-buddha

Re: TOUCHABLE 2 - First teaser video

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:15 pm

Is it safe to assume that this will work with Live 9.1 when released?

How close are we anyways?
Professional Shark Jumper.

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Please tell me it's not gonna be exclusive for iOS 7?? I'm not upgrading to that dumbed down fricking thing!

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:11 pm

It will work fine with 9.1 once released! We are coming very very close now - it is still weeks rather than days, but not that many ;) Sorry we cant be more precise - any ETA we can't keep will be held against us!
We kept it compatible to iOS 5 and above - so you can use it on any version of 5/6/7 and on any generation of iPad!

Captain Johnson

Post by Captain Johnson » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Chris / touchAble wrote: We kept it compatible to iOS 5 and above - so you can use it on any version of 5/6/7 and on any generation of iPad!
You're boss :wink: 8) keep it real on iOS front! Nice one

the unknown wanderer

Post by the unknown wanderer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:22 pm

is there any confirmed release date for this yet? cant wait any more

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:00 pm

the unknown wanderer wrote:is there any confirmed release date for this yet? cant wait any more
Look two posts above yours.
Professional Shark Jumper.

digid

Post by digid » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Some day I will understand the point of showing teaser videos for products that are still months away from release.

Some day, but not today.
Listen to my lovely electroacoustics on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/digidada

panten

Post by panten » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:04 pm

Maybe it's to incite a riot, or create healthy competition, or give us something to moan about, or maybe, just maybe it's to generate a little interest in their product.. hmm who knows.. it's a total conundrum.

digid

Post by digid » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:21 am

So are you saying that if they just announced the product today, released it tomorrow, people wouldn't talk about it?

Of course they would.
Listen to my lovely electroacoustics on Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/digidada

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:04 am

@digid,

It's about 50%/50% - before we released the teaser everyone was bashing us for not giving out information about the update.. as soon as we do, everyone is bashing us for not releasing it.
Tough to make everyone happy honestly ;)

We wanted to give everyone an insight in what we are working on at the moment, that's what the teaser is for. Mind you - the app is already on the market for 3 years - what we are teasing here is a free update that people have been waiting for for over 1 1/2 years. And in relation to that, 1-2 months waiting time from teaser to release isn't that long anymore.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:20 am

Chris / touchAble wrote:@digid,

It's about 50%/50% - before we released the teaser everyone was bashing us for not giving out information about the update.. as soon as we do, everyone is bashing us for not releasing it.
Tough to make everyone happy honestly ;)

We wanted to give everyone an insight in what we are working on at the moment, that's what the teaser is for. Mind you - the app is already on the market for 3 years - what we are teasing here is a free update that people have been waiting for for over 1 1/2 years. And in relation to that, 1-2 months waiting time from teaser to release isn't that long anymore.
Totally agree, and i find that when people comment sometimes the ideas can become incorporated into the plans, obviously this then delays the end result but makes it a better one!!

Cheers
D

stevemac

Post by stevemac » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:12 am

Hi guys / Chris,

Can you confirm whether we'll be able to select and view each clip (as in, you can see the waveform and where it's at for playback progress), other than just the progress bar in standard session view?

cheers!

JannisPablo

Post by JannisPablo » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:55 pm

Thanks for keeping it compatible with my iPad 1!
Really looking forward for it!

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Looks incredible. I'll be picking this up asap!

continuous

Post by continuous » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:33 pm

:twisted:

I am REALLY EXCITED about this update!

TBH I thought LiveControl would be better for my workflow but once I started using TouchAble I've never opened LiveControl again. Will DEF still find use for Lemur though!

Eagerly anticipating the 'Feature Walk Throughs'... Most excited about the midi editing/step sequencer and the browser access. Also, I am REALLY hoping there are more Native Templates... one of my favorite features hands down.

Still wish it could work 'hardwired' so I didn't have to run the wireless. That being said, TouchAble has been rock solid so far!

cheers