Live 9's Library - Confusing?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
KenA
Location: A country full of currupted and un-educated people...

Live 9's Library - Confusing?

Post by KenA » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi.

Maybe that's just me, but in Live 9's Library we now have the Drums folder along with the Drum Rack folder. I believe the main reason for that is that Drum Rack Intrument is not meant just for drum sounds, so they created the Drums folder where we have drum racks related to drums only, right?

If that's correct, maybe the Drum Rack Intrument could be renamed to something else without the 'Drum' word!!! eg. 'General Rack' or just 'Rack'

no_barcode

Re: Live 9's Library - Confusing?

Post by no_barcode » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:22 am

At this point it's safe to say nobody knows what Live 9's browser is suppose to accomplish.

Personally, I believe it was created by the guys who left to start Bitwig as a sort of corporate sabotage.
M1 Max 64GB RAM 4TB SSD; Volt 1; Push 3 Standalone

tintala

Post by tintala » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:44 pm

i personally do not think this is confusing but good. As I know that when I save a drumrack with others sounds in it, I save it in drumracks and then a subfolder with which it is categorized.. For example, drum rack with once shot, would go into "ONE SHOTS"subfolder in drumracks, then you go to do a search for one shots. 'SHOW ALL RESULTS" voila, you now have every drum rack in the results even the subfolders.. so no not confusing.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:18 pm

no_barcode wrote:
Personally, I believe it was created by the guys who left to start Bitwig as a sort of corporate sabotage.
This!
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:21 am

Confusing ? Or not ? No. It's different and not waiting for being labeled as "this" or "that" but needs to be raised ; I wonder how many understand the well founded goal and improvements it.s meant to becom, but as a very first visual + gestures + (think about Windows 8 if any former dude thoug it was garbage then just took some minutes added by some seconds just to think that change is necessary even if people became afraie of it with the decline of our "growing specie" era or in oer words the growing of laziness and searching for routine patterns instad of evolving thinking and behaving.

I won't tell my personal thoughts about it, just the fact I had to adapt and stick a thing or two to optimize or change, or even remove...

Why don't I share some notes right now ? It's not the good place for telling Ableton Product Owners and devs that this particular thing is not as it should be ; a short example could be "why must I press ctrl for developing multiple folders at the time" (in fac I am believing to have fund someturn-around somehere - not here - but was at the time just diing totally different stuff and the solution is a problem for someone just being familiar with that past "hard to understand choice" ...

For the little story I recently got enraged about that recurring nerve triggering thing which was devloping a large, or worse a Suite 8 or partnes instruments folders of samples hust to have "miles to return to the folder's top of almost every interesting and necessary to explore and pre-listen one by one list.

So dumbass feeling mode ON telling you that : having to keep a key pressed in order to developseveral flders and their sub' is indeed fucking smart. They even did that a bit too late.

-----------------

Back to serious mode and don't care about the above piece of thoughts my opinion just won't help you I had just to type on that too recent iPad keyboard and it seem shelpful I didn't read like always but ... Blabla

Your question is not accurately helpful because confusing or not is an opinion strictly raised in each users individual brain on a case by case basis. Disturbances are different or to recall everyone about happy users, some think and think well for their needs since ey consider it as a "at last I manage to browse bettr than in previous revs of Live / Suite (worse than just Live).

For concerns about user doing shit and complain because they don't have knowledge and stress te indexer with badky chaotic tera suckbytes of never eared but neverteless vital for "some workflow relate blah" (peronal note : a good wa to unask a never played anything znd never will wanna look lie if he was a musician AND a computer / <OS used in the impostors "case" (although case means an issue is implied but with wanna be people there isn't end-product nor matverial at the end so why wastng time for a serial clicker obcessed by the idea he will become a musician by trying Live or Suite, IMO I think being the first to be so bored in holidays nights to remembr to all this is the truth dudes)

End of word-salad with useless and uninteresting ... or the contrary ... Opinions I don't say I had myself, or maybe I did, wh cares.

>>> I suggest asking if that or another feaure is confusing or whatever shouldn't be here but kept for you and discussed by phone to Ableton AG, you remember, the gus trying to help you unless you don't help yourself at first by saying what is confusing n your opinion and what you see as an improving idea, it is not hard you know, you even don't need to do a study about hw possible and cost/improvement ratio if the ide is clevet enough, just call them once every two or three monthes...

Here is for helping people or play with fakes to laugh a bit after a hard working late day ... Ir in bored moments during holidays whatever lol

I apologize to not help or answer and to in fact literally waiting for the person who created the thread to share its agreement I lost tile every poster did and sadly this person seems not to be the stupid or wanna be user,

OMG

LOOK HOW A POSSIBLE VERY GOOD IDEA IS ZAPPING YOUR BRAIN AS AN ELECTRC SHOCK AND LOOKS SO OBVIOUS AFTER ENDLESS TIMES OF BLINDNESS LOL :

Next call or message adressed to who the good listener @ Ableton AG headquarter : soething linkef to a ne topic which is for improvements of existing or ine lilbrary/browsing special case NEW features to be better , the kind of topic xhere threads are more loderated and considered, with David or Amaury being for this topic specially strict about reporting to R&D any relevant proposition - idea etc ; closing immmediately any poitless or not likely to be improvement discussing but more like " as a user or customer whatever I STATE this must etc ; to this people there is some places and rooms in the part of my workplace indeed.

I catched a criticizing thred abut this forul @ IMAGE-LINE equivalent main topic ...

>>>>> not even a bit of FL... discussing but guess what... I just gave up despte a well breaking answer to calm down soe kid or elder no matter playing in another playground and being FL only using so not or never was never will be serious enough to even be offered a Suite 9 licence : this guy, indeed, was just... right. I use FL very casualy not to say I just should install it lol someties I could sav tie or just do things possible onlyl with it...

Their topics are all at least attelpts to solve issues, as for updates with fixes needed despite less accurate knwkede anot musical and copting basic knwledge ; the wre all kids for me until a bad writing but riht sucker just sht MY mouth after ypng careully nasty but EXTREME accurate post for kill-closing once and for all the thread.

But he was just RIGHT.

Hoping this post will be taken seriously but not as a judging or bad feelings etc

All these thread don't help musicians, nor they can help your needs to be eatures because you even don't point what is ---> what shoud be, there must be another main topic for this anyway, specially watched even if answers or interventions remain rare stuff, what I earn from this shut up by a amateur underskilled nomusician never recorded any note or used advanced features... He just made me ealize it' time for you all to row up ; for me to take the problem different,y by asking this main topic addition AND asking for specific watching by mods AND high profile zbe to please everyone ... I mean could be able, if at least what you feel as blocking being described and theway you wish to improve whatvyou won't have oher choice than accept (I talk about th library/ browser just in case and to be on point with te title of this thread)

>>>> don't ask for hour opinion it has to be more explained to the right people, in brief, take your phne, call, desribe, quote and refer reccuring rate abut that issue being isolated or on the contrary enough scandal-looking to be actuallyva serious issue for the copany's image and ntrrruption the ilproving growing up reputation of a decade ending with... A change in library and browsing redone from start triggering angryness in half of the present main m&a prod main topics threads , being complaints without asking other tan oher users with oter issues than the one who asked for help,

Stop.

Like tonthin you will soon love your Ableton software ? Lucky you : i bet magic majers at thebHQ are by chance .lol. Waiting for this and for a while i allow myself to deduce...

Ciao dudes
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:55 am

Blendton wrote:Confusing ? Or not ? No. It's different and not waiting for being labeled as "this" or "that" but needs to be raised ; I wonder how many understand the well founded goal and improvements it.s meant to becom, but as a very first visual + gestures + (think about Windows 8 if any former dude thoug it was garbage then just took some minutes added by some seconds just to think that change is necessary even if people became afraie of it with the decline of our "growing specie" era or in oer words the growing of laziness and searching for routine patterns instad of evolving thinking and behaving.

I won't tell my personal thoughts about it, just the fact I had to adapt and stick a thing or two to optimize or change, or even remove...

Why don't I share some notes right now ? It's not the good place for telling Ableton Product Owners and devs that this particular thing is not as it should be ; a short example could be "why must I press ctrl for developing multiple folders at the time" (in fac I am believing to have fund someturn-around somehere - not here - but was at the time just diing totally different stuff and the solution is a problem for someone just being familiar with that past "hard to understand choice" ...

For the little story I recently got enraged about that recurring nerve triggering thing which was devloping a large, or worse a Suite 8 or partnes instruments folders of samples hust to have "miles to return to the folder's top of almost every interesting and necessary to explore and pre-listen one by one list.

So dumbass feeling mode ON telling you that : having to keep a key pressed in order to developseveral flders and their sub' is indeed fucking smart. They even did that a bit too late.

-----------------

Back to serious mode and don't care about the above piece of thoughts my opinion just won't help you I had just to type on that too recent iPad keyboard and it seem shelpful I didn't read like always but ... Blabla

Your question is not accurately helpful because confusing or not is an opinion strictly raised in each users individual brain on a case by case basis. Disturbances are different or to recall everyone about happy users, some think and think well for their needs since ey consider it as a "at last I manage to browse bettr than in previous revs of Live / Suite (worse than just Live).

For concerns about user doing shit and complain because they don't have knowledge and stress te indexer with badky chaotic tera suckbytes of never eared but neverteless vital for "some workflow relate blah" (peronal note : a good wa to unask a never played anything znd never will wanna look lie if he was a musician AND a computer / <OS used in the impostors "case" (although case means an issue is implied but with wanna be people there isn't end-product nor matverial at the end so why wastng time for a serial clicker obcessed by the idea he will become a musician by trying Live or Suite, IMO I think being the first to be so bored in holidays nights to remembr to all this is the truth dudes)

End of word-salad with useless and uninteresting ... or the contrary ... Opinions I don't say I had myself, or maybe I did, wh cares.

>>> I suggest asking if that or another feaure is confusing or whatever shouldn't be here but kept for you and discussed by phone to Ableton AG, you remember, the gus trying to help you unless you don't help yourself at first by saying what is confusing n your opinion and what you see as an improving idea, it is not hard you know, you even don't need to do a study about hw possible and cost/improvement ratio if the ide is clevet enough, just call them once every two or three monthes...

Here is for helping people or play with fakes to laugh a bit after a hard working late day ... Ir in bored moments during holidays whatever lol

I apologize to not help or answer and to in fact literally waiting for the person who created the thread to share its agreement I lost tile every poster did and sadly this person seems not to be the stupid or wanna be user,

OMG

LOOK HOW A POSSIBLE VERY GOOD IDEA IS ZAPPING YOUR BRAIN AS AN ELECTRC SHOCK AND LOOKS SO OBVIOUS AFTER ENDLESS TIMES OF BLINDNESS LOL :

Next call or message adressed to who the good listener @ Ableton AG headquarter : soething linkef to a ne topic which is for improvements of existing or ine lilbrary/browsing special case NEW features to be better , the kind of topic xhere threads are more loderated and considered, with David or Amaury being for this topic specially strict about reporting to R&D any relevant proposition - idea etc ; closing immmediately any poitless or not likely to be improvement discussing but more like " as a user or customer whatever I STATE this must etc ; to this people there is some places and rooms in the part of my workplace indeed.

I catched a criticizing thred abut this forul @ IMAGE-LINE equivalent main topic ...

>>>>> not even a bit of FL... discussing but guess what... I just gave up despte a well breaking answer to calm down soe kid or elder no matter playing in another playground and being FL only using so not or never was never will be serious enough to even be offered a Suite 9 licence : this guy, indeed, was just... right. I use FL very casualy not to say I just should install it lol someties I could sav tie or just do things possible onlyl with it...

Their topics are all at least attelpts to solve issues, as for updates with fixes needed despite less accurate knwkede anot musical and copting basic knwledge ; the wre all kids for me until a bad writing but riht sucker just sht MY mouth after ypng careully nasty but EXTREME accurate post for kill-closing once and for all the thread.

But he was just RIGHT.

Hoping this post will be taken seriously but not as a judging or bad feelings etc

All these thread don't help musicians, nor they can help your needs to be eatures because you even don't point what is ---> what shoud be, there must be another main topic for this anyway, specially watched even if answers or interventions remain rare stuff, what I earn from this shut up by a amateur underskilled nomusician never recorded any note or used advanced features... He just made me ealize it' time for you all to row up ; for me to take the problem different,y by asking this main topic addition AND asking for specific watching by mods AND high profile zbe to please everyone ... I mean could be able, if at least what you feel as blocking being described and theway you wish to improve whatvyou won't have oher choice than accept (I talk about th library/ browser just in case and to be on point with te title of this thread)

>>>> don't ask for hour opinion it has to be more explained to the right people, in brief, take your phne, call, desribe, quote and refer reccuring rate abut that issue being isolated or on the contrary enough scandal-looking to be actuallyva serious issue for the copany's image and ntrrruption the ilproving growing up reputation of a decade ending with... A change in library and browsing redone from start triggering angryness in half of the present main m&a prod main topics threads , being complaints without asking other tan oher users with oter issues than the one who asked for help,

Stop.

Like tonthin you will soon love your Ableton software ? Lucky you : i bet magic majers at thebHQ are by chance .lol. Waiting for this and for a while i allow myself to deduce...

Ciao dudes
Exactly! This guy gets it!

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:19 am

john gordon wrote: Exactly! This guy gets it!
What did he say ?

Blendton

Post by Blendton » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:44 am

beatz01 wrote:
john gordon wrote: Exactly! This guy gets it!
What did he say ?
+1

NB : anyway he even can't write three english words without doing a typo when it's not litteraly char-chained randomly ...

Maybe another "Blendtonese" kind of swant to look like interesting or intellectual ....

And in even if he was readable we couldn't know if he's gifted (a "knowledge base and ... no action" or brilliant (the same but with the chain complete and results, references)

Who knows maybe some day this guy will suddently write plain english without typos or sentences without end or logical link to the next pile to eat after three massive and instantly puke crisis ...

Indeed I just answer to... grrrr... nuclears pukes are not cleaning themselves bbut it IMO can't be thinkable by this blendguy on his planet (or I just hate poeple posting like if he kept the half of his left arm (no luck he was right-handed) after (unfortunately for us) having survived some fake viet war and totally rendered psychotic by experimental drug-filled rations of ...

Shit I feel like posting like him now lol

If a kid could at last do some poll shitty topic about BLENDTON MUST GET OUT (1 choice ; the one everyone makes before this guy went here lol)

I hate french look like but wake up french froggy dumbass you're just the one of this wanna be a nation who were licking Hitler's ass even while we went and cleaned the shit you like so much ; that'sb whatb it looks like "IMO"...

------------

Well back to the end to apologize because I think my english gets better, maybe slowly, but it's what I feel, I just posted from my first and recent iPad and honestly I really was confident about being at least nearb to the "readable AND beginning to be a little bit understandable after the painful decryption...

I wish I could be so CLEAR & SKETCHY while keeping every single "stage" of deep and eeper then lighter then let's dig to death far from absurd or silly long "intel" looking like post...

It's what I love in the english language : short and clear. We have a latin complex language I master very, very well, believe me,

BUT IF ANY ENG-NATIVE ABLE TO FULLY UNDERSTAND THE LONG PILE THEN REWRITES ENGLISH-NATIVE STYLE EXISTS PLEASE SHOW ME :roll:
Antoine, aka Blendton.

Ableton Live 9 Suite (64-bit) & Ableton Suite 8 + Max for Live (32-bit)
Toshiba Qosmio F750 + lenticular glasses-free 3D
i7 2670QM 2,20GHz - 2x4GB DDR3-1333 - 5400rpm HDD