HELP - A Sampler question!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Kodama

HELP - A Sampler question!

Post by Kodama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Yo!

I'm using Sampler as the default device for dropping drum samples in the Drum Rack. I need to stop it from trying to figure out the root key of the samples (it automatically scales many samples several octaves and screws them up). I know that you can set the scale to 0%, but it won't keep that as the default if you change it and set it as the "Default Pad" - so I end up having to set it manually every time I drop a sample on the Drum Rack.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

siliconarc

Re: HELP - A Sampler question!

Post by siliconarc » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:54 pm

i guess your samples contain metadata (about root notes, keyspans etc), which Sampler reads.
as there's no way to tell Sampler to ignore it, you'll need to open them in an app that can access and edit the metadata, and strip it from the files.
i've used Triumph (mac) for this in the past but i'm sure there are other apps around...
http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/triumph/

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:15 pm

Hmm - I can't find any info on note data in wav files. I guess sampler (or Live via ALS) does note detection. I think the solution for me will be to use Simpler, which does not have this issue in regular mode, but I will lose velocity envelope time control!
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Kodama wrote:I guess sampler (or Live via ALS) does note detection.
you give Sampler too much credit. there's no note detection. it's just metadata embedded in the wavs.

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:32 pm

Ha! Cool, thanks for the help! :D

siliconarc

Post by siliconarc » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:36 pm

8)