Accessing the operator GUI

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Porpy

Accessing the operator GUI

Post by Porpy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:23 am

has anyone figured out a way to access the operator GUI via midi or keycommands?
I would like to be able to select any of the 8 modules around the operator gui without the mouse : eg select the filter module and then have all the parameters show up in the middle.

is this something that would be possible with max4live, or is there anything in the Live midi control API that allows you to control the gui like this?

Porpy

Re: Accessing the operator GUI

Post by Porpy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:19 am

so is this just not possible?

synnack

Post by synnack » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:27 am

No I don't believe it is. Good feature request though.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

Porpy

Post by Porpy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:41 am

This would certainly make sound creation in Operator so much more fluid.
An alternative could be an expanded Operator gui which showed all 8 sections all at once along with all related envelopes and settings

There is way too much unnecessary mousing and clicking in the current condensed interface :cry:

Broomptish

Post by Broomptish » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:43 am

Sure this is possible with the operator lemur template, just need the lemur.

Porpy

Post by Porpy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:56 am

Looks like that template is exposing some of the envelope parameters, I need to test whether it actually changes the view in ableton by clicking on different parts of the template

I assume you are referring to this one? http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/70/

Broomptish

Post by Broomptish » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:00 am

Porpy wrote:Looks like that template is exposing some of the envelope parameters, I need to test whether it actually changes the view in ableton by clicking on different parts of the template

I assume you are referring to this one? http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/70/
This is strange, it wasnt that one or the one next to it. The one I used to have not long ago isnt there, it was pretty recent too and I swear its none of the two there, im pretty sure it done what your wanting but its not there, it was green and black as the main colours, swear its not there and I dont have it on my ipad anymore as had to wipe it, thats really weird, it was quite new wasnt 2 years old.

Broomptish

Post by Broomptish » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:07 am

Sorry dont listen to me im confused, im thinking of the analog template :oops: lol

still lemur could be a good option for what your wanting to do.

Porpy

Post by Porpy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:35 am

I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but if it does do it on the lemur, then that would mean that parts of the GUI are exposed by the Live API which is the main thing I was looking for.
Where does one view the Live API?

Broomptish

Post by Broomptish » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:31 am

Porpy wrote:I haven't had the chance to try it yet, but if it does do it on the lemur, then that would mean that parts of the GUI are exposed by the Live API which is the main thing I was looking for.
Where does one view the Live API?
No idea mate all that stuffs above my head.

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:05 am

do you have M4L?
If so:
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=331

typically though, the live devices do not expose any GUI parameters, i think it is the same with operator!

synnack

Post by synnack » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:21 am

Yes while true you can control all Operator parameters via Max for Live or Lemur thats not what the OP is asking. They are asking to programmatically change the view in Operator. That's a different question.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

Porpy

Post by Porpy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:47 am

ah thanks for the link about that M4L device. Yes I do have M4L so I will check that out just to see what's in there.