Live 9 and Konnekt 6 experiences on Mac OS X?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mikb

Live 9 and Konnekt 6 experiences on Mac OS X?

Post by mikb » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:00 am

Anyone using TC Electronics Konnekt 6 on OS X with Live 9 and could tell a little about your experiences with this?

Especially interested in CPU percentage usage of the drivers, as well as any audio or timing/latency issues under certain circumstances.

If you also use this card with Traktor Pro 2.6.x that would also be interesting to hear about.

My reason being interested in this card is that I currently use the Echo Indigo DJx which works very fine for sound out, but I'll need the occasional recording from time to time.
Basic gear info: Macbook Pro with macOS 10.12, Ableton Live Suite version 9 (64bit) with Ozone, Push and APC20 as controllers.

catalyst

Re: Live 9 and Konnekt 6 experiences on Mac OS X?

Post by catalyst » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:04 pm

I have a Konnekt 6 and use it with Live 9 on a Retina 15" MBP via a Thunderbolt > FW cable. I don't have any issues, but you would need to be more specific about what kind of circumstances you are thinking of in the following statement -
Especially interested in CPU percentage usage of the drivers, as well as any audio or timing/latency issues under certain circumstances.
I'm not sure how you would use this interface with Traktor due to limited output capabilities though?

mikb

Post by mikb » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:09 pm

catalyst wrote:
Well, those circumstances would be any connected to any specific issues. My personal situation is that I currently have an old Macbook Santa Rosa with 6gb RAM / 1TB SSD hybrid disk running Abelton Live 9 Suite on OS X 10.6.8. I use an Ableton Push as controller.
Basic gear info: Macbook Pro with macOS 10.12, Ableton Live Suite version 9 (64bit) with Ozone, Push and APC20 as controllers.

mikb

Post by mikb » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:19 pm

catalyst wrote: I'm not sure how you would use this interface with Traktor due to limited output capabilities though?
I read the Sound on Sound review http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct08/a ... nnekt6.htm as that the headphone output was suitable for monitoring mixes?

From the review:
"There are just two (balanced/unbalanced) analogue outputs, although the Konnekt 6 cleverly provides two additional output channels, accessible from most audio software, which you can route to the headphone outputs. Thus you can send a different signal to the headphones from that of the main audio outputs, ideal for cueing during live sets, for instance, or for sending a performer a different mix to that being heard in the main monitors."

I haven't checked up Traktor compatibility yet, You're saying the above scenario won't work with Traktor Pro 2?
I can of course keep using the Echo Indigo DJx for Traktor use, but obviously nice to have a backup plan.