ableton 905 problem with osx...??? spinning wheel!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
erikfox2013

ableton 905 problem with osx...??? spinning wheel!!

Post by erikfox2013 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:28 am

can someone please tell me why as905 32 or 64 bit version running on osx 10.0.4 always freezes and the spinning wheel keeps spinning for 1 minute..?it happens offen while i work on ABLETON ...i have instaled the same version on windows 8 and it runs great with no problem..fast and reliable, it only freezes with mac osx 10.0.4 on macbook 2,3ghz 4gb ram and ssd 240...

please someone help!!!

Credo

Re: ableton 905 problem with osx...??? spinning wheel!!

Post by Credo » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:19 am

Are you sure you mean OS X 10.0.4?

I also have serious problems with Live 9.05. Sorry to say because I have had very little problems before. Even with early 8 versions. Never like this. Spinning wheel is just the beginning. And now I have a live performance in one week.

Today: starting new project with a couple of recorded loops and a mic input run through a number of delays, reverbs and other Live devices. Worked fine. When I closed the computer (OS X 10.6.8) and opened again it could not even start the seq or get any inputs from the sound card (MOTU Ultralite). There was also a Ultranova hooked up. I have sometimes problems to start the Live app. It seems to have problems with Automap. All this started with v. 9.05. Earlier versions of 9 worked fine.
>>
MacBook Pro 2,4 GHz, 3 Gb Ram, OS X 10.6.8
Novation Ultranova, Launchpad, Nocturn
MOTU Ultralite
Elektron Machinedrum + Monomachine
Future Retro XS
OTO Biscuit