low budget sound card

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
fulanito

low budget sound card

Post by fulanito » Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:40 pm

Hi all,
I need to know a good low budget sound card , so I can have prelisten in live, since two sound cards don´t work.
Thanks in advance

ket no i.d.

Post by ket no i.d. » Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:47 pm

I asked that too a couple of timesn this forum and did not get any replies.
meanwhile i bought a gigaport ag (from esi)and it works fine. is has 8 analog outs and a optical out and was only 189 euro. if you want something cheeper try a (used) maudio dman 2044. i saw these for 99 euro on sale the other day.
hope this helps

fulanito

re

Post by fulanito » Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:20 pm

thank you man. I´ll check about your sound card

krispy

Post by krispy » Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:24 pm

I'm going to try out echo audio's new pc card soundcard that has two stereo outputs. it's gotten rave reviews, and it's only 99 bucks. will let the peeps know how well it works with live.

Vercengetorex

Echos new card

Post by Vercengetorex » Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:37 pm

Krispy, that card will NOT provide a prelisten cabability seperate from your main output. I was just reading about that card the other day on Echos site and both 1/8" output jacks are connected to the same output, so any signal present on one is on the other as well making this card not all to well suited for Live. My recomendation to you falinato is to seriously consider M-Audio's offerings. I am using a Delta 410 which provides 2analog in, spdif in 8analog out, and spdif out. I use a mixer to give me more power in the analog domain (hardware effects, realtime mixing, x-fading etc) and prelisten over the spdif with a nanoamp dm2000 digital headphone monitor making it a very versitle live setup. The card was around 200$ US and I think is was well worth it. I have had nothing but positive experiences with this hardware and software on Mac OS X, Mac OS 9, Mac OS 8.5, Win 98, and Win XP. The M-Audio Audiophile is also a good low-budget choice. BTW both cards are 24bit/96khz and work beautifully as such with Live and Reason 2. Just my $0.02.
I cant think of a sig