This is by far the most comprehensive, in depth and professional Ableton Live Template I've ever created. It comes with an arsenal of fresh content and new creative ideas, including:
- A whopping 14 Gigabytes of original audio loops and samples, all chopped up and warped, ready to play.
- Complex Racks for creating new content and mangling up sounds.
- Custom Max for Live patches to speed up various tasks, giving you more time to be creative.
- 31 page manual covering everything from the basics of Live, to chopping up your own tracks ready to jam.
- Launchpad and Push support with Max for Live patches that totally rewire the way they work.
I created a device called Dr. Dummy that listens to the MIDI notes you feed it, turning them into Clip Slot triggering messages. This means you can create your own preset sequences of Dummy Clips, or record on the fly using your favorite external controller (or just the computer keyboard.)
I've performed several live sets using this technique already, and each time it blows me away how easy, fun and simple it is to come up with something totally new each time. It's really changed the way I approach live performance, especially when working with pre-rendered audio samples (however you can send synths as well and get the same result).