Audio crackling with new i7 build.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sional

Re: Audio crackling with new i7 build.

Post by Sional » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:04 am

Donnie wrote: I also think you are a serious douche for comments like this (just noticed it). You know, considering that you are the one who started on the engineer bullshit, not me. All I said is that I was an engineer in response to your remark. Then you went on and on about it.

Nokatus, on the other hand, does not appear to be a douche. Every post is not entrenched in condescending bullshit.
Nokatus also refrains from calling people names like jackass and troll. Being called names does not bother me in the slightest, I just think that it reflects badly on a poster who has to resort to name calling to further his argument. Not something that I would expect from an engineer, they normally resort to specific data or references to support their argument.

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Sional wrote: Nokatus also refrains from calling people names like jackass and troll. Being called names does not bother me in the slightest, I just think that it reflects badly on a poster who has to resort to name calling to further his argument. Not something that I would expect from an engineer, they normally resort to specific data or references to support their argument.
I called you names because you were acting like a douche. Not once were they 'further my argument'. Nice try though. :lol:

In fact, I dare say that its the other way around...since you continually try to attack credibility. Calling you a troll isn't an insult, its an observation after knowing I took the bait.

Either way, there are plenty of known 'facts' here. The problem is that you only seem to care about theory, not reality and certainly not the mounds of empirical data in front of you. You just want to regurgitate the same white paper nonsense like its bible, that's not furthering an argument...its being ridiculously obtuse.

All these comments about efficiency and the like, but you know whats REALLY inefficient? Not working at all.

You can talk to me about that shit during the design process, but the end consumer could give two fucks about that. Maybe that's not 'engineery' enough for you but im a solution guy at the customer level. A cheap video card addition is nothing in regards to hours and hours of frustrating diagnosis that could have been spent working on music. If they happen to buy the right components and it works fine, that's great! But I wouldn't recommend it, the odds just aren't there. I would rather see them up and running than spending all weekend ripping apart their machine to no avail. There comes a point where its just not worth it anymore.

Kinda like this thread...I think its time to stick a fork in it. The proof is in the pudding.

Sional

Post by Sional » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:49 pm

When I purported that an IGP based system should be perfectly capable of running a DAW application without the need to add a graphics card, I was branded a maverick, a rebel and told that I was flying in the face of what is widely observed throughout the industry; i.e. integrated graphics are garbage and not for professional use.

When Nokatus made a similar claim he was not branded as such. Is this because Nokatus has an RME HDSPe AIO interface or because he writes large commercial projects or because he is not interested in dick waving?

One feature I like about forums is that when you look back through a thread, not only can you see what someone says was said, or paraphrases what was said or even puts a spin on what was said, you can see what someone actually said. Do you appreciate this feature of forums Donnie?

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:54 pm

the latest Intel HD stuff is pretty decent for stuff that isn't too demanding, it seems that Intel put serious work into lifting the bar. it is true that older integrated graphics have pretty much been crap though.

Sional

Post by Sional » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:43 am

fishmonkey wrote:the latest Intel HD stuff is pretty decent for stuff that isn't too demanding, it seems that Intel put serious work into lifting the bar. it is true that older integrated graphics have pretty much been crap though.
Oh I don't know, when Steinberg Pro 12 was my DAW of choice the integrated graphics worked fine. :)

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Sional wrote:
fishmonkey wrote:the latest Intel HD stuff is pretty decent for stuff that isn't too demanding, it seems that Intel put serious work into lifting the bar. it is true that older integrated graphics have pretty much been crap though.
Oh I don't know, when Steinberg Pro 12 was my DAW of choice the integrated graphics worked fine. :)
older integrated graphics stuff primarily used the CPU for doing the actual graphics processing, and when RAM wasn't so fast, cheap and plentiful, having the graphics chip using main memory was a significant drawback. again, it doesn't mean that it wasn't usable at all, but it depending on what you were doing.

it's not a black and white argument.

Sional

Post by Sional » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:07 pm

I was joking fishmonkey, the Pro 12 and 24 midi sequencers were for use with Atari computers. :)