Dual Computer Monitor Idea

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Dudemanthing

Dual Computer Monitor Idea

Post by Dudemanthing » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:36 pm

I just updated my workstation setup to take advantage of 9.1beta. Afterward, I posted a picture to reddit and got some really good feedback about the portrait monitor, so I thought I'd share my idea here: Image

The only issue, so far, has been with the clip section. I think it could work really well over there, but if all of the options are open (clip, note, launch, envelopes) you lose half the editing space.

I also think mixing the arrangement could be a lot better if it were possible to hide the clips in Session view and stack the tracks.

What do you guys think?

TYLRbass

Re: Dual Computer Monitor Idea

Post by TYLRbass » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:27 pm

I dig it, I have a very similar configuration where my monitor is on the left side at an angle like that and it whas worked great in the past for displaying VST plugins or a finder window but now that Live 9.1 has dual monitor support I feel like I need a third monitor (on the right side) for the VST and finder window.. I think I am going to try the portrait config later today, even though my external monitor is pretty much square haha

mind linking us to the reddit post?

Dudemanthing

Re: Dual Computer Monitor Idea

Post by Dudemanthing » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:39 pm

TYLRbass wrote:I dig it, I have a very similar configuration where my monitor is on the left side at an angle like that and it whas worked great in the past for displaying VST plugins or a finder window but now that Live 9.1 has dual monitor support I feel like I need a third monitor (on the right side) for the VST and finder window.. I think I am going to try the portrait config later today, even though my external monitor is pretty much square haha

mind linking us to the reddit post?
Ha, 3 monitors sounds like it would be amazing. I wouldn't have enough space for that, though (or a third monitor...).

I wasn't sure which subreddit would be more appropriate so I went with these two:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/comment ... lestation/
http://www.reddit.com/r/abletonlive/com ... y_refined/