Live 9.2 wish list (I know this soon?)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
addi307

Re: Live 9.2 wish list (I know this soon?)

Post by addi307 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Michael Hatsis wrote:
mareproduction wrote:Generally more stable DAW engine is all I need.
This....and faster and less processor intensive.
+1

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:40 pm

Native support for controlling more than 1 bank of parameters at the same time. Maybe something like Presonus Studio One's midi mapping system.
I really want to be able to use those wonderful 32 LED ringed encoders on Livid's Code, BCR-2000 or the 16 on Midi Fighter Twister to control more than 8 parameters at once without having to push several bank select buttons each time you select that device.

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:39 am

Midi map a device title bar to a button. That device can now be made the active device at the press of a button... so the 8 macros will map to whatever they map to .

mbakirov

Post by mbakirov » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:46 pm

Agree on
1) mouse zoom by wheel
2) add an option to have extra encoders in group rack (4,8,12,16...)

Karlstens

Post by Karlstens » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:54 pm

Tags, the ability to filter and search tags via in the browser. Also the ability to search instrument "info" text via the browser. Once I see this in action, I'll upgrade.

wildaudio

Post by wildaudio » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:26 am

how about not crashing as much - not sure if it's a Push thing or just 9.1, but I've never had so many seemingly random crashes.
Actually, I can't thing of a time it has crashed when my Push wasn't plugged in (in the last few weeks I've had the push). :-/

stoersignal

Post by stoersignal » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:21 am

oddstep wrote:Midi map a device title bar to a button. That device can now be made the active device at the press of a button... so the 8 macros will map to whatever they map to .
actually that it possible for a long long time!?! or do i misunderstand your request?

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:55 am

haha. no it wasn't a request - it was a response to Sarrova-Q's request for mapping parameters to devices in 9.2
I should have been clearer and I may have missed Sarrova-Q's point. 8O

RO-mix

Post by RO-mix » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:08 am

i wish for notepad device to place a per track notes

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:16 am

oddstep wrote:haha. no it wasn't a request - it was a response to Sarrova-Q's request for mapping parameters to devices in 9.2
I'm afraid you did, but no prob ;)

What I meant was that I would like to be able to use controllers with more than 8 encoders for instant mapping.
You have a few beautiful 32 encoder midi controllers out there which you can't really use for instant mapping right now.
If you set up a midi remote script, it only works for the first 8 parameters, so you have to keep pushing bank buttons to go to the other parameters.
How lovely would it be if you could set up your Livid Code to instantly control all 4 banks at once, without any other action (like pushing bank buttons).
It should be possible I think.

In Studio One, you can pre-program your controller once (for as many encoders as you want) and have to set up how you want to use it with each VST only once. After that, you select a plugin (like U-He DIVA for example) and you can immediately control 32 encoders and even more buttons.
I want to control my EQ with at least 16 encoders instead of eight. 4 encoders for each band is a minimum (Freq, Gain, Width and Type) and if I set that up with PUSH, I need to go to bank 2 if I want 4 bands. I'm not even mentioning master-EQ's with 4 bands for left (or M) and 4 for right (or S) like massive passive, ...

That's why I would have loved a companion for PUSH with 32 rotaries for people who really like tactile control over many parameters.
Different banks is okay, but isn't really intuitive.

floond

Post by floond » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:44 am

1. PDC
2. PDC
3. PDC
4. Stable M4L
5. native bridge for 32bit VSTs in Live x64
6. Keyboard commands for nudging clips back and forth in arrangement view
7. Incremental save / version files
8. Re-invent drag'n'drop files to project.
9. PDC
Last edited by floond on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

floond

Post by floond » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:54 am

Sarrova-Q wrote:
oddstep wrote:haha. no it wasn't a request - it was a response to Sarrova-Q's request for mapping parameters to devices in 9.2
I'm afraid you did, but no prob ;)

What I meant was that I would like to be able to use controllers with more than 8 encoders for instant mapping.
You have a few beautiful 32 encoder midi controllers out there which you can't really use for instant mapping right now.
If you set up a midi remote script, it only works for the first 8 parameters, so you have to keep pushing bank buttons to go to the other parameters.
How lovely would it be if you could set up your Livid Code to instantly control all 4 banks at once, without any other action (like pushing bank buttons).
It should be possible I think.

In Studio One, you can pre-program your controller once (for as many encoders as you want) and have to set up how you want to use it with each VST only once. After that, you select a plugin (like U-He DIVA for example) and you can immediately control 32 encoders and even more buttons.
I want to control my EQ with at least 16 encoders instead of eight. 4 encoders for each band is a minimum (Freq, Gain, Width and Type) and if I set that up with PUSH, I need to go to bank 2 if I want 4 bands. I'm not even mentioning master-EQ's with 4 bands for left (or M) and 4 for right (or S) like massive passive, ...

That's why I would have loved a companion for PUSH with 32 rotaries for people who really like tactile control over many parameters.
Different banks is okay, but isn't really intuitive.
The Covert Operators have made a M4l device called 'Sixteen Macros' which would at least double your encoders. Using the knobs will completely screw your Undo history though. It's in their M4L collection here http://www.covops.org/ .

tobiassf

Post by tobiassf » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:45 am

PDC! PDC!
PEE
DEE
CEEEEEEE

Pretty please :D

mbakirov

Post by mbakirov » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:31 pm

++ for
native bridge for 32bit VSTs in Live x64
that would be awesome

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:11 pm

floond wrote:The Covert Operators have made a M4l device called 'Sixteen Macros' which would at least double your encoders. Using the knobs will completely screw your Undo history though. It's in their M4L collection here http://www.covops.org/ .
Have you actually tried it? You should see why it isn't a solution at all: it's not working like I want it to because you still need to push bank buttons to get to the bottom row which is my whole point, so it's not a solution for my problem.

I don't want to push those ***** bank buttons each time a select a device.
I want 16 - or even better - 32 controls on my controller available AT ONCE!
I want to configure my EQ's and synths so I can instantly use any of the 32 encoders I have available.