Live 9.2 wish list (I know this soon?)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
wascal

Re: Live 9.2 wish list (I know this soon?)

Post by wascal » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:49 am

Sort out smart-snap asap, or at least allow us to turn it off. I was fine with using a modifier or cmd+4 if I wanted to move notes off grid. The current implementation is a massive pain in the ass and seemingly random.
TTKK / NOODLES / iANDALE! / TIGERBEAT6 / HOT & HEAVY etc
http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal

XSIMan

Post by XSIMan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:09 pm

GUI driven by cuda cores.

A rack that can hold multiple third party plugins. Like the effect rack but it pops up all the GUIs nice and neatly stacked with one click.

sinextesia

Post by sinextesia » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:39 pm

Retina support please!!!

vic_france

Post by vic_france » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:33 pm

deva wrote:
Gnuus wrote:Polyphonic aftertouch!
+100
I have only recently purchased a copy of Ableton Live (which I think is an absolutely excellent piece of software ;) ), but have only just discovered, (to my utter horror!), that it doesn't handle polyphonic aftertouch at all (doesn't even pass it as MIDI Thru).
Please, please, implement this in a not-too-distant future version.. While there aren't many external keyboards that generate polyphonic aftertouch (but all the ones I have do so ;) ), there are surprisingly many hardware and virtual instruments that do respond to it (even if, in their modulation matrices, you see only "Aftertouch", many of them are capable of recognizing automatically if it is receiving channel~ or poly~ aftertouch, and responding accordingly).
I do realize that this is possibly no small feat to achieve, if it wasn't implemented in the early stages of developement, but, please try to find a way to implement it ;).

So.. a massive "+1" from me too ;)
Mac Pro Quad-Core (2009) 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3|MOTU Midi Timepiece AV | Mac OS X 10.9.5 | Cubase 8.5.20| DP 9.0.2| Logic Pro X 10.2.2| ProTools 11.3.1| Ableton Live 9.6.1 | Reaper 521 | Studio One Pro 3.2

locojohn

Post by locojohn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Possibility to ignore a third party plugin entirely when its deactivated, so as to be able to use zero latency monitoring while recording with plugins that otherwise introduce latency in the active state.

Andrejs
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:51 pm

BOUNCE IN GOT-DAMN MOTHERFRAKIN PLACE!!!!!
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

tecolo

Post by tecolo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:45 pm

locojohn wrote:Possibility to ignore a third party plugin entirely when its deactivated, so as to be able to use zero latency monitoring while recording with plugins that otherwise introduce latency in the active state.

Andrejs
But that's how it's working for me. At least it does for Nebula which introduces huge delay..when i deactivate it it doesn't consume cpu and delay is gone. I think it's maybe plugin design thing not DAW thing. Some plugins even have variable delay.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:19 pm

tecolo wrote:
locojohn wrote:Possibility to ignore a third party plugin entirely when its deactivated, so as to be able to use zero latency monitoring while recording with plugins that otherwise introduce latency in the active state.

Andrejs
But that's how it's working for me. At least it does for Nebula which introduces huge delay..when i deactivate it it doesn't consume cpu and delay is gone. I think it's maybe plugin design thing not DAW thing. Some plugins even have variable delay.
I've run into this a few times where the latency of a plug causes all kinds of funky. Weird delays with audio input. Waves ADT was so bad that if you put it on a track, it would cause delays in ALL tracks even after deleting it.

locojohn

Post by locojohn » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:36 pm

tecolo wrote:

Andrejs
Well, for example if I am recording a vocal track via microphone, on which there's a VST plugin that causes some latency (for example, FabFilter Pro Q with Medium/Linear/Maximum phase latency setting), and then I am monitoring the track being recorded at the same time, I hear the vocal track delayed. So a singer whom I invited would hear his original own voice, plus his voice being recorded and being delayed, causing that nasty echo. That's certainly a no go.

Bests,
Andrejs
/*
  • the basic tone of life remains the same,
    and in it there are some happy melodies
    and some sad melodies
    - sekito kisen
*/

deva

Post by deva » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:53 am

hell with 9.2

It's time for Live 10 to be announced! It has been a year and 8 months since Live 9 was announced!!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:08 am

Automatic track naming when dragging in new files and they create a track.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:24 am

deva wrote:hell with 9.2

It's time for Live 10 to be announced! It has been a year and 8 months since Live 9 was announced!!
Wow, reality just sunk in!

nstock222

Post by nstock222 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:43 pm

Realistically, it probably won't happen until Live 10, but sub-groups would be the best thing ever.

snakedogman

Post by snakedogman » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:39 am

ghost/alias clips in arrange view please?

m.nash

Post by m.nash » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:18 am

A lot of the stuff mentioned here. But – now that i'm finally finishing tracks these days vs. just whipping together loops, a major, major workflow killer for me is bouncing/freezing to audio (yes I know the difference but basically the process of freeing up CPU and converting tracks to wav files).

Biggest issues:
* No bouncing group audio – this means all the effects on the group channel are not frozen, and I have to bounce each track in the group separately which is time consuming
* Anything with side chain compression won't freeze/bounce – which for me and many EDM producers applies to most tracks
* Freezing applies to all clips on that track, not just to highlighted sections in the arrangement view – basically I use the clips view to store ideas, but if I have too many by the time I need to start freezing it takes for ever to free the track, so I effectively have to delete all the clips.

I basically now hit a CPU wall ~40% of the way into my tracks these days (with a 2012 Retina Macbook Pro). And the freezing/bouncing process grinds everything to a halt.

Anyone feel this pain?