Live 9.2 wish list (I know this soon?)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sean_Clarke

Re: Live 9.2 wish list (I know this soon?)

Post by Sean_Clarke » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:45 am

Current beta is a release candidate so it will be released soon, mainly bug fixes, nothing I. The way of new features really.
DAWS: Live 11 Suite + PUSH2, Studio One, Bitwig and Reason all via an X32 desk: Instruments: modular and analogue stuff, guitars, basses and drums.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:50 am

That was my thought. It's running nice the way it is and NOTHING jumped out at me like "oooo snickers"

randi

Post by randi » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:35 am

- another +1 for mouse wheel zooming (with ctrl as modifier)
- horizontal mouse wheel scrolling (my mouse can do x AND y)
- change scrolling behaviour to conform with system (at some point I will get RSI from scrolling in the browser)
- detection of bpm in imported samples and option to warp them as well (i have an imported loop called "bla 120", Live does not detect that)
- timestretching in Sampler (I have lots of old Akai cds with loops mapped to like 40 zones or so, I can't possibly stretch those seperately), obviously this would be mitigated a bit by "bpm detection"
- the option to have separate "Sends" for single drums within a drum rack ( or how do you guys put a reverb to the different hihats and cymbals WITHOUT also putting it on the kick?)
- simple edit functionality for midi clips especially "transpose" because the m4l work around just sucks

clydesdale

Post by clydesdale » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:59 am

randi wrote: - the option to have separate "Sends" for single drums within a drum rack ( or how do you guys put a reverb to the different hihats and cymbals WITHOUT also putting it on the kick?)
Please take a closer look and your manual and tutorials. Each drum pad can have it's own effects chain (click on the pad and then drop the effect just to the right of the sampler). Also the drum rack comes with it's own embedded send chain which can be applied independently to each pad. Here's a good place to start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u_EUTYA5Mo

it's for a different application but he shows the "sends" function that you are looking for.
LIVE 9.1.7 x64, PUSH w/PXT, APC40, KEYSTATION PRO88, Radium61
Win8.1 Pro, 4820k(4.5GHz)/32GB/840ProSSD/RME Babyface

tone61

Post by tone61 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:03 am

If there's one things I'd like to see fixed in 9.x versions it's:
- Browser list vertical scrolling with mouse wheel

randi

Post by randi » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:56 am

clydesdale wrote:
randi wrote: - the option to have separate "Sends" for single drums within a drum rack ( or how do you guys put a reverb to the different hihats and cymbals WITHOUT also putting it on the kick?)
Please take a closer look and your manual and tutorials. Each drum pad can have it's own effects chain (click on the pad and then drop the effect just to the right of the sampler). Also the drum rack comes with it's own embedded send chain which can be applied independently to each pad. Here's a good place to start:

it's for a different application but he shows the "sends" function that you are looking for.
Though this would be an insert effect within the drum rack, correct? might be an ok-ish work around for me, thx. What I was initially referring to though was to have dedicated, individual send controls in the mixer for instruments from the grouped drum rack

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:11 am

edited, n/m
Last edited by eyeknow on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clydesdale

Post by clydesdale » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:49 pm

randi wrote:Though this would be an insert effect within the drum rack, correct? might be an ok-ish work around for me, thx. What I was initially referring to though was to have dedicated, individual send controls in the mixer for instruments from the grouped drum rack
I might be mistaken, but I think you're underestimating the scope. You are correct that there is no send knob on the individual tracks/pads inside a drum rack group so you are not able to use the Return tracks (A-F at the session view) except on the group track itself. However there is a duplicate function to the Return track within the drum rack group that allows you to create sends for all the individual tracks/pads in the group. In the picture below, item #4 contains the return effects for the drum rack (lowercase a,b). You can also see on the left that item #1 has same functions that you would see at the session level which show I/O, sends and returns. I couldn't teach it all here but I hope I'm giving you a point in a useful direction to something that should address your need.
LIVE 9.1.7 x64, PUSH w/PXT, APC40, KEYSTATION PRO88, Radium61
Win8.1 Pro, 4820k(4.5GHz)/32GB/840ProSSD/RME Babyface

fuziohm

Post by fuziohm » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:51 am

PDC on ableton 8, because ableton 9 will never be a good daw. But as you will never do this, put the PDC on 9 and make possible to use two simultaneus LIve 9 with Browser.

And also, just take this crapy M4L from the planet, the only function of this is for the company give the impression that they are doing somthing while the users is doing this crapy toys, instead of company make sirius improvments.

Inercial scroll, or whatever faster scroll.

Save presets from vsts.

But, as you will never do anything of that too, put a short cut that you press one key, or two,and the music is done, and nobody will need PDC or any shit like that.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:49 am

I for one don't want them to lose M4 L. With all the amazing M4 L devices out there at the moment, it is basically essential to how I use Live and I can't imagine doing without it. If anything, I would like them to do the opposite: devote as much resources as possible to getting the integration between Live and M4L as tight as possible - and as stable as possible.

rnsomusic

Post by rnsomusic » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:27 pm

I would like for consolidate in sampler, so if you have a drum kit built in live that has 12,000 samples, it doesn't take forever to load, and yeah i could consolidate the samples, and then slice to sampler, but the real low velocities, don't show up, so you have to zoom in a whole lot and add them, and then on the other velocities, it sets the warp marker at the top of the waveform, instead of the beginning,and yadda yadda yadda, it would save time. Consolidate and replace sample, done!

EnGee

Post by EnGee » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:00 am

1. Full PDC (this is the most important of all!)
2. Multiple midi channels/clips/tracks view (separately or in the same piano roll with multiple colours)
3. Mouse wheel zooming
Windows 10, Ryzen 5800X, 32 GB, 1TB SSD, nVidia GTX 1060, 27" 4k Dell monitor with 150% Scaled Windows, KeyLab 49 MK II, MODX 6 and DeepMind D12.

timday

Post by timday » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:47 pm

randi wrote:
clydesdale wrote:

Though this would be an insert effect within the drum rack, correct? might be an ok-ish work around for me, thx. What I was initially referring to though was to have dedicated, individual send controls in the mixer for instruments from the grouped drum rack
You can send drum rack returns to returns on the mixer so your drum rack sends can then go to mixer returns. Where it says "rack output" in the drop list in Clydesdale's post you cna change that to "return A" etc on the main mixer.

TTOZ

Post by TTOZ » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:18 pm

rnsomusic wrote:If ableton can include real comping and better multitrack quantize implementation and retina support and maybe a really good tape modeling proc live will be unstoppable when compared to pro tools cubase sonar studio one and reaper , then it would be minor improvements and bug fixes to kill time till live 10

exactly this, good multitrack quantize, proper PDC and snap to grid automation dots (oh and multiple track single piano roll midi editing wouldn't hurt) and it would be one of the best software available anywhere.
I am bitwig, pick me, pick me, i now hAs midi export!

beatbutcher

Post by beatbutcher » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:24 pm

COPY/PASTE MIDI-mappings

Until now it's not possible to that, this should make it easy to arrange your set on stage.
Let's say I got 2 Live sets and want them to combine them, don't heave to re-map everything.
Now imagine that with 10 Live sets.

Live could promp it like: "would you like Ableton Live to copy your Midi-Mappings?"