Live + Maschine + Komplete - incredible!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Buleriachk

Live + Maschine + Komplete - incredible!

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:48 pm

I've been a Live fan ever since version 1. I recently agonized over the LED's in Push, and decided to hold off until the problems were resolved. I invested in Maschine Mk2 instead.

I have been blown away by the seamless integration of Maschine with Live, including the template control surface, as well as the library that comes with Maschine (including Massive, and a lot of ethnic loops (Tabla, Darbouka, etc...) Coupled with the fantastic audio capabilities of Live, I thought things couldn't get any better.

Anyway, in the interim I purchased Sylenth 1, which I like very much for its excellent presets.... because I thought it would solve all my synth needs (and it did, except for all the stuff I didn't know about)

Anyway, I decided to try Komplete 9 and began checking out the instruments. Migod! Reaktor 5 by itself is just endless, particularly with some of the synths one can download for free from the user site. Just the Juno, Polaris synths and Limelite drum sequencer are (for me) incredible additions with amazing presets, and there are hundreds more. And I haven't even begun to look at Kontakt, Battery4 (I have Battery 3 also)....

And Live as a foundation DAW is just extraordinary... I work a lot in 3/4, and have found that changing the time signature in Live automatically changes the length of the sequences in Maschine to 3/4 as well, which cuts off the last beat, and makes for interesting 3/4 loops....

Edit: doesn't adjust the measure in Lime-Lite, but I can edit loop length for each preset, of course..
Last edited by Buleriachk on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Captain Johnson

Re: Live + Maschine + Komplete - incredible!

Post by Captain Johnson » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:54 pm

I'm interested in using maschine mikro in my set up but worried how CPU intensive mashine is.
What set up are you using? I'm have MacBook Pro 2.2 CD2 7200 rpm western digital HD 6GB RAM

panten

Post by panten » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:27 am

Taken from this thread
Buleriachk wrote:This is an old thread, but just thought I'd post my experience..

For my set up (Win7, x64), Live wouldn't recognize Maschine at all; the problem eventually turned out that Maschine was not installing its driver files to my HD. The setup program would not work, nor any of the downloaded "solutions" from NI. They installed correctly for other computers running Win7,x32.

After much screaming and shouting, I finally got NI to send me the actual folders for the driver files, and copied them to the correct location on my computer, which solved the problem.

But it took a LOT of screaming and shouting (the installer also wouldn't work for my audioKontrol, and I still have to use an old version... the new version installation fails in the same way....)
So you got your problems sorted, I guess once you get over the initial hurdles Maschine/Live combo is great. Maybe Max is easier to setup.

dysanfel

Post by dysanfel » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Maschine is incredible. The Native Instrument sounds are hands down better than anything Ableton has available. Plus, the effects in Maschine have a different 'flavor' than Ableton and compliment each other very well. I just ordered a iConntect2+ so I can integrate my iPad and iPhone into my setup seamlessly. Seriously powerful stuff.
Gig Rig - rMBP 2.3GHZ i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, OSX 10.13.x, Presonus FS, Live 10.x
Home Rig - i9 eight-core Hackintosh 32GB DDR4, 2nd Generation Scarlett 18i20, ADA8000, JoeMeek SixQ, Live 10.x

kevwestbeats

Post by kevwestbeats » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Captain Johnson wrote:I'm interested in using maschine mikro in my set up but worried how CPU intensive mashine is.
What set up are you using? I'm have MacBook Pro 2.2 CD2 7200 rpm western digital HD 6GB RAM
Its not cpu intensive at all. I am on a windows 7 2.0 ghz 5600 rpm 1tb hd with 8 gigs of ram Maschine rarely goes over 1% in Live unless I start adding a bunch of cpu intensive fx in Maschine. Its still single core and remains so in vst mode but I have been working with Maschine since Feburary of this year and its awesome. I have had Live a little over a year. Great combo. I got Komplete when 9 came out and it feels like I have 99% of things I need covered with this combo. I use T-Racks fx because I like them and the occasional Reason patch as well but 99% of what I do now is Maschine + Komplete + Live. Runs very well.
http://www.KevWestBeats.com
http://www.YouTube.com/DjKevWest
http://www.Facebook.com/KevWestbeats
http://www.Twitter.com/KevWestBeats

Live 9, Komplete 9, Maschine MK2, IK Total Studio, XLN Audio Addictive Keys and Addictive Drums, All of FXpansion's fx.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:41 pm

I enjoyed the review, and I think it will be useful for its intended audience.
(In my case, you're preaching to the choir, of course.)
Funk N. Furter wrote:I've put up my review now, sort of, for 'peer review'.
The review is here
http://www.macableton.com/hardware-revi ... chine.html

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:56 am

Funk N. Furter wrote:I've put up my review now, sort of, for 'peer review'. It's not been checked by anyone yet. I'd be grateful if regular Maschine users can read it and let me know on here or the other thread) if there are any obvious blunders or omissions. You can also post general comments about how you use Maschine at the bottom if you want, or any discussion points. I've aimed it at people who've never owned a Maschine.

The review is here
http://www.macableton.com/hardware-revi ... chine.html

I'm just waiting for NI to check it as well.
Noticed Mikro is misspelt. You could also mention that it comes wih a free license for Komplete Elements as well.

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:33 pm

Wow. Maschine Studio pic "leaked":

Maschine 2.0 with unlimited groups, sidechaining, "slick new mixer" and lots of new stuff...etc.