NI Monark

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ian_halsall

NI Monark

Post by ian_halsall » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Anyone used it? Is it any good? Worth the money?

etc.

Geek Model

Re: NI Monark

Post by Geek Model » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:53 pm

I have this one. Monark it's very good sounding plugin. Warm and tight. Also not so hard in understanding synthesis process. But! This synth is monophonic! This is not a problem if you wanna ta use it for basslines & leads. I think that Monark worth the money.

maky355

Post by maky355 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:12 am

Geek Model wrote:I have this one. Monark it's very good sounding plugin. Warm and tight. Also not so hard in understanding synthesis process. But! This synth is monophonic! This is not a problem if you wanna ta use it for basslines & leads. I think that Monark worth the money.
There are already polyphonic patches (since it's Reaktor module), and some even more expanded with more effects and filters..

djod

Post by djod » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:26 am

maky355 wrote:There are already polyphonic patches (since it's Reaktor module), and some even more expanded with more effects and filters..
Could post a link?

Sional

Post by Sional » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:00 am

I don't think Monark is worth the full asking price. I bought it using a 30 euro discount voucher, which brought it down to an acceptable value. You need to remember that as well as being monophonic (not a major issue)it also does not respond to velocity. NI have replicated a Moog, including all the limitations of the original instrument. It does sound good in the same sonic area that Moogs sound good.

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:48 am

Sional wrote:I don't think Monark is worth the full asking price. I bought it using a 30 euro discount voucher, which brought it down to an acceptable value. You need to remember that as well as being monophonic (not a major issue)it also does not respond to velocity. NI have replicated a Moog, including all the limitations of the original instrument. It does sound good in the same sonic area that Moogs sound good.
That's what I am thinking - I held off on the gear lust and calmed down since my initial impulses!

Cheers