Ableton Live 8 - External MIDI sync bug / issues

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kolakube

Ableton Live 8 - External MIDI sync bug / issues

Post by kolakube » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Hi guys,

I still use a ton of hardware. I loved Ableton Live 8 but sold it early on as there was a bug. You simply could not sync incoming MIDI gear with internal MIDI gear. Say for sake of example, if I put in a synth line from my hardware synth and tried to sync with that a drum beat from Impulse they would never be right.

Yes I know all about latency but this isnt the case. WHat you do it offset internal MIDI channels to keep everything balanced. Ableton used to handle this terribly. No doubt due to most of there customer base being ITB. Fair enough. I went back over to Logic and have remained there since.

My question is, was this ever resolved? If so does anyone know when of with what patch. If it has been Im going to buy a second hand copy of Live 8 of Ebay. Yes I know Live 9 is now out but I work faster with what I know than a million new bells and whistles. Im sure 9 is superbly awesome but this post is related to Live 8.

Any other hardware guys can you help me out.

Many thanks

wascal

Re: Ableton Live 8 - External MIDI sync bug / issues

Post by wascal » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:42 pm

Its completely and utterly fixed when you use an Innerlock Sync-Lock or Sync-Gen Pro. I don't work for them by the way ;)

I'm running an Octatrack, Machinedrum and Ableton and the sync is spot on every time now. It was pretty hideous beforehand.

http://www.innerclocksystems.com/
TTKK / NOODLES / iANDALE! / TIGERBEAT6 / HOT & HEAVY etc
http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal

kolakube

Post by kolakube » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:55 pm

Hiya mate, 8)

Thanks, Yeah ivew looked at that before but can do without the extra outlay. With Logic, Reason, and Cubase its rock solid anyhow all included. All as I need is the track delay to work properly in live so I can use Lives Sampler and FX on my MIDI HW. This was a known issue. There was a thread on here a while back but I can't find it now. :roll:

Im just curious if this was fixed and at what point. If at all. Out of the thousand pound I must have spent on bloody sequencers Ableton was my fav, but it didnt work properly

kolakube

Post by kolakube » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Bump