Anyone using PadKontrol in Ableton? (Can't get it to work)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MrTingleby

Anyone using PadKontrol in Ableton? (Can't get it to work)

Post by MrTingleby » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi guys

I'm having serious trouble getting Ableton to see the new PadKontrol device that I've just bought. I've installed the drivers (latest ones from online) and the editor software. Windows can see the device in control panel but nothing shows up in Ableton and it's not receiving a midi signal.

I've tried restarting the PC, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, changing USB port etc. but still nothing is showing up in the MIDI section in Ableton's preferences. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and Ableton Live 32 bit. I have a Novation Zero SL MKII successfully installed and working with ableton, as well as a midi keyboard.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Terminal55

Re: Anyone using PadKontrol in Ableton? (Can't get it to work)

Post by Terminal55 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:02 am

that's weird.. I've not used mine for ages but iirc it was plug and play; i didn't have to do any setup (i'm on a mac though)

So i think the padkontrol powers up and show's "S16" as default. Is this happening?

I'll dig mine out later and try and remind myself how it works.

MrTingleby

Post by MrTingleby » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:11 am

Thanks for the response. Mine is showing S.01 - which I assume is the first scene. I can select any of the other scenes e.g. 16 but this doesn't seem to affect how it's recognised. My guess is that this is a driver issue rather than an Ableton problem but I'm not sure how to fix it. Too many USB MIDI devices maybe?

chrk

Post by chrk » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:13 am

MrTingleby wrote:... but still nothing is showing up in the MIDI section in Ableton's preferences. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and Ableton Live 32 bit.
There may be your issue. I'd ask Ableton support about that.