Privet mate! I was going to post this in the Ableton forums where you are more active but my account there has not been activated yet.
Anyways, i'm new to music production and i've only got an impulse 61 a few days ago and i have been playing with it only to find out basic daw functions are missing. I saw your script before when i was reasearching for a controller before my purchase and i have tested it today. Everything works so much better. Although i have some questions/suggestions (which i know you mentioned some):
1) I'm running latest impulse fw and live 9.1. When you use the stock script you can shift tracks up and down and it will automatically arm themselves (single track only). From past posts was this feature actually recently implemented? Yours works so much better thanks
2) When you perform some of your functions there is no need to press again the shift key to deactivate where in others you have to press it again. Did novation implemented something here? Can't you force the script to send a shift key off cc message back to solve this?
3) In your script when you press mixer 9/master button it activates overdub. In live i see the "session record button" lit in orange (activate). Normally if you press it with the mouse it will actually start recording session clips. In your script it doesn't activate recording/and-or record session clips like when you press it with the mouse. Is this a separate/different function? And if yes, can you implement session record button activation?? I'm new to Live so i don't know much, but i find it theoretically useful for jamming down ideas live.
4) The last thing i think is extremely important and has been left out are the pads. You have 8 pads, and 16 available in the drums instruments in live. I know the pads send a note message C3,D3...to C4. Can you implement a button that will "change banks" by flipping the pads notes 8 notes up and down??
Thank you very much!
Actually they should. This is damn easy for them to implement but i guess programmers are not players. They told what they should program.TnF wrote:
I saw your script before when i was reasearching for a controller before my purchase and i have tested it today.
novation might owe a royality to me (just joking )
1. Thanks. This is a handy tip if i ever wanna do this. Maybe it might be useful when you are performing live and you want to make sure that you don't select two tracks at once by mistake.
Hi ! Thanks!
1) I did not change behaviout of the stock script here. It does this on some ocasion (i think if you are recording or something). Sometimes it does this sometimes it does not.
but you can use option.txt file and -EnableArmOnSelection option. so your single selection is always armed.
2) I can do nothing but wait for novation. the bug report has been sent to them. i have no idea when you have finished switching tracks and banks.
3) there is a setting in ableton on record/wrp/launch page caused "start transport with record". on my machine it is always off. i have just tested and see what you mean.
yes this might be a bug. in a meanwhile you can press record and then play.
4) i do not think it is possible. i will explain. the buttons are just notes. the script tells ableton to treat these notes as
the default drum rack pads. So if you press the same notes on the keyboard they will also behave like pads.
(it is not possible to distinguish pads from notes).
so if I change the pads behaviour (even if I could) then your normal keys will also behave strange.
the only option we might think of is assign the buttons to some very high or very low octave so they are not used in reality and then maybe it would be possible to implement that.
but then you will have to modify your default live preset.
2. Yeah wait for novation :p At least they update automap once in a while.
3. I've made this little video to explain what i'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiJSs1EbVc The option in the ableton settings just doesn't start the recording until you hit play. What i'm talking about is when you click that little icon with the mouse. Can you map a button on the keyboard to do this?
4. Yes that's correct but there is possibility of them functioning interdependently from the keyboard as they can perform different functions than the keys. I know this is internal but are you sure you can't modify it through the script? Or at least do something (i'm not sure of the possibilities using script only)