Live 8 legacy pack???????????

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
silversurfer60

Live 8 legacy pack???????????

Post by silversurfer60 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:29 pm

So what about the live 8 legacy pack?

7 month elapsed and no harm done!

This is one of many points with the same new policy of Ableton:

to ignore the problems and wishes of the customers, except these particular wishes (Dual monitor), if danger threatens to loose customers to another company (BitWig)

H20nly

Re: Live 8 legacy pack???????????

Post by H20nly » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:44 pm

When i installed Live 9 it made a reference to my Live 8 library in the file browser.

beatz01

Post by beatz01 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:47 pm

You need to utilize more ????'s and bold typefaces thou you shalt be heard by the Gatekeepers of the Holy Temple of Ableton and your wish shalt be granted to you.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:49 pm

it would be nice if live 8's presets could get merged in to live 9's folders...not a big deal going to places - live 8 library, but still, would be ever so slightly more convenient.

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:56 pm

H20nly wrote:When i installed Live 9 it made a reference to my Live 8 library in the file browser.
It would be nice to have all the old presets without having to have a previous installation though. The live 9 pre-release beta ate my live 8 library, so at that point I never bothered re-installing 8 and so now I no longer have the presets

Besides if your doing a completely fresh install it would seem like a huge kluge to have to go and install live 8 first just for the library. That was one reason I also never reinstalled 8, I knew I was going to 9 and they had previously said they were going to do a legacy pack
https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/live-8-legacy-pack/

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:50 pm

^ yeah, i get that it would be nice(r)... but if you have Live 8, you have the Live 8 library. the library is in a folder on your computer. if you never owned Live 8, then... you're owed nothing.

you don't have to install Live 8 first if you had 8 installed before... unless you completely deleted every trace of it. the only time there would be an issue of having no other option is if your hard drive with Live 8 on it is gone for some reason (stolen, melted, underwater); otherwise all you have to do is copy the library over to your new computer/hard drive. the whole thing is in one folder.

Mac: user homefolder/Library/Application Support/Ableton/Library

PC: C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\My Documents\Ableton\Library

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:04 pm

thats assuming you have had 8 installed on whatever computer this is, just because you own 8 doesnt mean its installed on the current computer your using either due to a new pc, new parts, new build, refresh etc etc (and that the library wasnt destroyed in some way)

Just sayin, it seems short sighted on ableton's part to think that everyone who owns 8 is going to have it installed before hand on whatever computer they are going to be using 9 on

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:09 pm

yes, it assumes you have it installed... somewhere. it can be copied.

hell, it can be copied from your friend's computer for that matter.

i don't understand what all the frustration is about... an installer? one comes with your copy of Live 8.