After 10 years with ableton I just tried Studio One...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ian_halsall

Re: After 10 years with ableton I just tried Studio One...

Post by ian_halsall » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:42 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:
ian_halsall wrote:
I bet that the likes of David Guetta and that Scottish bloke use lots of presets and sample packs.

Depends what you want to do - give up the day job and churn out pop songs that people actually buy or remain true to your "philosophy".

I wouldn't judge either way.

So it's that easy, huh? Grab some sample packs, put em together and make a hit? Don't forget us when you're getting your dick sucked behind the decks somewhere on Ibiza. Send a post card or something.

Seriously, fuck you.
Sorry I seem to have hit a raw nerve.

I didn't mean to offend you.

Here's what I think of you - you are a fcking cnut.

Get back to your wanking you tit head.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:08 pm

i'll just say this much, 99.9% of people who set out to be the next club hero will be disappointed.

The rate of disappointment for those who set out to make music that they want to hear themselves, and commit to actually learning a craft is much lower. It's actually a much more realistic path to not having a day job. But carry on, like i said i wish you the best of luck.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:44 pm

beats me wrote:
sowhoso wrote:i rarely have more than 3-4 plugins per track (20-30 tracks, mostly Waves, Slate and IK plugins).
60 to 120 plug-in instances per song. 8O

And to think I used to record just fine on a 4-track cassette deck. :x
Hardly surprising. Using a few plugins to emulate a channel strip on a mixing desk could easily use 3-4 per track.

Used to also use 4-track cassettes (Still got one actually), would still use long signal chains into it. Personally, lots of plugins when using synths and stuff, when recording guitars, most likely none, possibly an EQ, anything more than that is because I'm using plugins instead of pedals for effects.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:40 am

Nick the Zombie wrote:
I wouldn't judge them either, and I use sample packs as well. They're a really fun way to kickstart my inspiration! That being said, I think it's important to know how your instruments work. That knowledge allows you to take those samples and make them your own which is half of the fun.
People would be shocked how often sample packs are used. Outside of one shots they can more difficult to use because you can't get them to sound the way you like.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:46 am

ian_halsall wrote:
I bet that the likes of David Guetta and that Scottish bloke use lots of presets and sample packs.

Depends what you want to do - give up the day job and churn out pop songs that people actually buy or remain true to your "philosophy".

I wouldn't judge either way.
It's a reality some don't like to admit. When people exist in the industry for a long time can finally remain true to their "philosophy".