push emulation for i-pad

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Grappadura

push emulation for i-pad

Post by Grappadura » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:27 pm

http://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/421

I dont have an i-pad, but this might be cool for some of you.
KnobCloud - marketplace for audio software

tdmusic_

Re: push emulation for i-pad

Post by tdmusic_ » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:10 am

It's really impressive. Hope Ableton don't mind it existing, for me it's just making me want to save up for Push, definitely can't replace the real thing but gives you a good feel for how it works.

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:13 pm

yeah makes you ponder to buy an ipad instead of push, they´re about the same price. Has anybody tried it? I wonder if I could plug in the ipad into my windows machine and control it. Or do you run live on the i-pad? I guess its not powerful enough.

tdmusic_

Post by tdmusic_ » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:02 pm

So the way it works is you run Live as normal on your PC/Mac, and then connect the Lemur software to the computer via wi-fi (or there are ways to do it via a cable), and the Lemur software just runs the controller on the iPad, sending and receiving MIDI or OSC messages from the computer. Basically this guy has made the layout of Push and made it respond to messages in the same way, so it behaves just like a real Push but on the iPad screen. Good promotional tool for Push I think as I don't think it would replace the real Push for many people, but does help you get addicted to the workflow!

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:54 pm

cool!