clip record issue

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kurtr2

clip record issue

Post by kurtr2 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:03 pm

Hi,
I am working on remote controlling Live for performance looping and i have clip slots assigned to keystrokes so i can trigger a recording in those slots and create a clip. I am finding that sometimes it works when the key is pressed once, but more often i have to press it two or three times for it to engage the record function. Anyone have any experience with this or know what i might be doing wrong here?

thanks,
Kurt

Fugazi81

Re: clip record issue

Post by Fugazi81 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi,

maybe you have to change the "Global Quantize" to a smaller value?

To verify, press play and look a the clipslot you want to record in, when the clip-rec ([o_____]) blinks and doesn´t record directly, change the "Global Quantize" to a smaller value (eg. 1/16 / none) and repeat till it fits your workflow.

I tried it myself and it is working without a problem.

Have Fun!

kurtr2

Post by kurtr2 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:01 pm

thanks for your reply, but thats not the problem i have. I need my global quantization to be 1 bar. I just need for a dependable way to engage the record clip function, if its in the middle of a bar i want it to wait until the next bar to start recording. the problem is that sometimes when i press the button that is supposed to engage record, it doesnt do anything, and other times it does engage record. Where it happens to be in the bar doesnt matter. I hope thats clear?
thanks for your help,

k

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Key Presses when mapped behave on a toggle basis, two presses need for one action, think of it turning a switch off and on...

Cheers
D