Exporting each track to stems. With effect on master bus?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
THA-REAPER

Exporting each track to stems. With effect on master bus?

Post by THA-REAPER » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:27 pm

I'm tracking out my song to stems for mixing and backup. I would like to know is there an easy way to have something like ex.. stutter edit, effectrix, dblue glitch, gross beet on your master or route to somewhere else so the effect stays on all of your exported stems? When I export I understand that its getting the audio from each track and not the master so that's the problem itself...I've tried to make a audio track bus and route the effect to that bus, but it still behaved just like the master did.

Right now I'm exporting everything track by track...but I really wont feel like doing this again...man this is a long task lol. So I just want to know is there a faster way or any tricks to just make it easier?

störgeräusche

Re: Exporting each track to stems. With effect on master bus?

Post by störgeräusche » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:28 pm

i never have any processing on the master exactly because I mix my tracks in another DAW, and I apply master processing there (if any).
But if you use just vsts and not live native effects, just memorize the sequence and save .fxp of each plug, then "re-mount" the chain in the DAW you use for mixing and load the relative .fxp (plugin preset).
As for saving time exporting all the tracks indivudually:
i create as many blank tracks as tracks I have in the project, then I do the routing so that I can record in realtime all the tracks at the same time (kick into blank kick, bass into blank bass etc), save self contained, open the folder of the project, order by creation date and voilà, I have all my stems ready to be loaded up in the other DAW I use.
I dont like the way render works, I always hear some differences between rendered and resamples tracks, so I dont even bother with "render all tracks"
If you like render (or you dont hear any difference between rendered and recorded tracks) just use the render all tracks so you dont have to export all tracks one by one
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A