How to remove Live 9 Core Library

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ilya.soloviev

How to remove Live 9 Core Library

Post by ilya.soloviev » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Is it possible to remove Live 9 default sounds and presets? I appreciate all this stuff but when i use search box i would like to concentrate on my own sounds and presets i have in user library. :?: Thanks!

lectro

Re: How to remove Live 9 Core Library

Post by lectro » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:49 am

Hello ilya.soloviev

I am afraid not. :x where the core library might be small in size it has lots of patches and sound. I find this over whelming and distracting especially when I just want to only see my own materials. Ma be this could be suggested to the Ableton team. In live 8 you had the option to do this.

Sional

Post by Sional » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:24 am

Yes it is possible to delete one or more of the core sounds (and the associated samples where applicable). On a PC the path is
"Computer/Local Disk (C:)/ProgramData/Ableton/Live 9 Suite/Resources/Core Library"

lectro

Post by lectro » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 am

Sional wrote:Yes it is possible to delete one or more of the core sounds (and the associated samples where applicable). On a PC the path is
"Computer/Local Disk (C:)/ProgramData/Ableton/Live 9 Suite/Resources/Core Library"

The only problem with that. Everything you deleted will be there when you install the next update.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:12 pm

There's been numerous requests for Hiding the Core Library. That would be a good idea

Sional

Post by Sional » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:22 pm

lectro wrote: The only problem with that. Everything you deleted will be there when you install the next update.
True but, after the initial flurry, updates should be less frequent and, if the intention is to delete the core library in total, it is a fairly quick operation.

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:34 pm

What I do is name all my presets starting with the * character (example- *Pulse Pad, *Kick Squasher). That way all my presets appear at the top of the preset lists or when doing a search type that character and only your presets should appear.

Doesn't delete the factory library but does provide a bit of a work around.