Live devices mapping in Push:Community mapping is done! :)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
TomViolenz

Re: Live devices mapping in Push:Community mapping is done! :)

Post by TomViolenz » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:45 pm

Valiumdupeuple wrote:Oh, my apologize guys, I haven't checked the release version yet.
:roll:
No prob! We would be interested in hearing how you like our new naming conventions. See the overview pdf for what the bank contains (the longer names) and how we chose to name them (the names in brackets). I tried to not display redundant info, yet show all the necessary info to tell what the bank contains. All while trying to keep it from being to cryptic.

BTW: Does the bug still appear for you with this mapping, that you had problems with earlier?
We didn't do anything to address that, because tedlogan could not reproduce it, but I'm still curious! (Well, I don't think we could actually do something about it, because we are not really hackers ;-))

unix23

Re: Change Live devices default mapping in Push:on Page 7

Post by unix23 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:09 am

TomViolenz wrote:The project:

Important:
This will give you a much enhanced mapping of your Live devices in Push! But because you are overwriting the _Generic version of the necessary file, this will affect ALL MIDI remote surfaces you use.
If you just use Push, this may not matter to you. But if you already use others, you should check if this changes functionality you need for those!
If you don't like the new mapping, just reverse it by the steps described below.
Has anyone tried this with Livid controllers or a mixer using Mackie Control Protocol?

Would these mappings affect/break user settings such as how the sonicfaction stuff works?

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:49 am

If it has nothing to do with Lives own devices, then it won't affect it at all.

All it does is, it changes the layout of parameters of Lives devices on controllers. That's the only thing affected.
Nothing breaks.

I'm not familiar with the stuff you mentioned.

lovelight

Post by lovelight » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:10 pm

incredible Work Tom with the mapping remote script stuff, with the devices.py, so many parameters to twist,it made my push Work alot more fun, and the way you easyli
can change nearly everything in a plugin is stunning. its really weird the able Guys havent done that themself, im sure it will come with the NeXT firmware/ live update
it also could be nice with some better 3rd part vst plugins integration.
but thanks for your nice Work, and makeing my Work flow alot more excited :)

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:59 am

Is it just me or is the Filter Envelope Amount missing from the controls on Analog?
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:04 am

Well I edited the devices.py file to include the parameters, thanks :)

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:10 am

^huh, maybe I forgot that in Analog (don't use it much myself)

Why don't you also upload your fixed file to filepi.com (they seem to be pretty reliable so far), and link it here, so that other users can also benefit?! 8)

Airyck

Post by Airyck » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:13 pm

TomViolenz wrote:^huh, maybe I forgot that in Analog (don't use it much myself)

Why don't you also upload your fixed file to filepi.com (they seem to be pretty reliable so far), and link it here, so that other users can also benefit?! 8)
Good idea 8) I'll do that later when I'm off work.

rotlaub

Re: Change Live devices default mapping in Push:on Page 7

Post by rotlaub » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:02 pm

Valiumdupeuple wrote:
TomViolenz wrote:Try: Shaper Drive and Shaper Dry/Wet

That's at least what the configure window calls them.
Thx Tom. None of them are working.
I've also noticed that the oscillators "Fix On" (prepend with the oscillator letter) doesn't work. This corresponds to the oscillators "Fixed" button.
metastatik wrote:
Valiumdupeuple wrote:One more thing : the BoB doesn't appear for me, instead I have the first bank, which is osc A.
Most control surfaces can either access BoBs or banks, not both. This is determined by whether the control surface has device bank controls. Push is the only exception I know of as it can access both BoBs and banks.
I'm on a Push. I'm with the latest 9.1 beta, though. I'll check on 9.0.x.

Cheers
J.

Has anyone found out what works for "Shaper Drive amount"? I've tried different combinations, but none worked.

igneous

Post by igneous » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:19 am

holy smokes this is SO much better than the original mappings... to tab the sampler parameters is just genius... thank you all.

I'm surprised there's not sample start/end mappings for Sampler (like there is in Simpler), is this because it was not possible to access these?

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:34 am

igneous wrote:holy smokes this is SO much better than the original mappings... to tab the sampler parameters is just genius... thank you all.

I'm surprised there's not sample start/end mappings for Sampler (like there is in Simpler), is this because it was not possible to access these?
No, you can't Midi assign these either.

We pretty much assigned everything the was available via the API

igneous

Post by igneous » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:46 am

Gotcha. These (arbitrary?) off-limit parameters are a pain, but the sweet joy of these new mappings makes up for it.

Really though, they've opened up these devices to me in a whole new way. Being a more kinesthetic musician, having all of sampler and operators parameters mapped like this makes a huge difference to how I experience the instruments, and is going to change how I perform. Hope Ableton takes inspiration from your great work in Ableton 10/Push 2. Big thanks!

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:00 am

igneous wrote:Gotcha. These (arbitrary?) off-limit parameters are a pain, but the sweet joy of these new mappings makes up for it.

Really though, they've opened up these devices to me in a whole new way. Being a more kinesthetic musician, having all of sampler and operators parameters mapped like this makes a huge difference to how I experience the instruments, and is going to change how I perform. Hope Ableton takes inspiration from your great work in Ableton 10/Push 2. Big thanks!
I wouldn't hold my breath. The mapping is out for over 2 years now, with the always standing offer to Ableton to simply adopt it. But nothing, silence, crickets.

This episode was the final thing that made me doubt the future of Live. It is good while it lasts, but development is now for gimmicks (like melodies to Midi) and never attention to detail or even any sort of real vision.

But I hear Push also works in Bitwig, so not all is lost ;-)