Again: iMac or MacBookPro

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Frederik654

Again: iMac or MacBookPro

Post by Frederik654 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:10 am

Hi,

What would be your choice? I can buy (via work) either a brand new MBP (the ones that came out this week with the lowest standard config 2.0Ghz) or the latest 27" iMac the 3.4Ghz without Fusion (so plain 7200 HDD)..

Both for exactly the same price. The question is not do you want a big screen or a laptop as I already have an old MBP and my laptop from work. I want the best option in config.

I really like screen estate but an external display is an option (which will set me back with an additional 300 Euros maybe).

How does the iris pro positions itself to the GTX 775M knowing I will be using Logic, Ableton and do some small home video stuff in iMovie.
Live8 Suite, Logic Pro X, µTonic, Synplant, U-He ACE, U-He Zebra2.x, U-He Uhbik's, U-He DIVA, Tal Bassline, GURU, Genelec 8040's, SPL Control, Serato, Traktor, TouchAble

Frederik654

Re: Again: iMac or MacBookPro

Post by Frederik654 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:10 am

Forget about it, my wife made the choice for me ..

iMac as she wants to set it next to our bed for viewing the Kama Su... eh movies.

:twisted:
Live8 Suite, Logic Pro X, µTonic, Synplant, U-He ACE, U-He Zebra2.x, U-He Uhbik's, U-He DIVA, Tal Bassline, GURU, Genelec 8040's, SPL Control, Serato, Traktor, TouchAble

balonny

Re: Again: iMac or MacBookPro

Post by balonny » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:43 am

Frederik654 wrote:Forget about it, my wife made the choice for me ..

iMac as she wants to set it next to our bed for viewing the Kama Su... eh movies.

:twisted:
Ehhhh it's not what I'd consider most tech view, but it is great fun to read
:mrgreen: :roll:
Constantly moving borders - Lapis Tertius a Sole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQl5Vt4l9bk