Ohmicide $29 right now...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Airyck

Re: Ohmicide $29 right now...

Post by Airyck » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:16 pm

biestyboy wrote:I emailed them about the delivery charges and here's their reply.

"Thanks for your recent inquiry. Though this item is a download, we would still need to send to you all of the paperwork and other necessity items that come along with the download in order for this to be processed successfully."

I've asked for clarification on what they need to post that can't be sent in an email (even my car insurance docs are emailed nowadays).

I also noticed that if you change your location to the US then the delivery charges disappear and you get a Paypal option.

Frustrating as I'd like to get it but am not paying as much again for unnecessary postage.
I bought it and I have not received any kind of info for a download or serial number. I just have a tracking number showing that the mail service has received the package. I guess the serial must come in the package or something :roll:
I'm in the U.S. BTW
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

Tysonviolin

Post by Tysonviolin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:13 pm

just purchased. This seems to be a physical copy which explains the sale price.

ezelkow1

Post by ezelkow1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:37 pm

This is how all the musicians friend deals are, they are physical products, a dvd case with a postcard that has the serial in it. They only have physical stocks since they are all the same warehouse that MF, guitar center, music123, and a ton of other big retailers use since they are all the same company

an FYI, if you want to avoid shipping charges (if you have any or want it instantly) and are in the US you can just go to a guitar center and purchase it there, they will match any MF price instantly since they are the same company

Brock

Post by Brock » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:21 am

For what it's worth - I purchased this deal from MF and, like mentioned in this thread, was concerned over the shipping and handling fee for what I thought would've been a digital download. I sent MF an email asking if they could confirm if it was a downloadable product or if i was actually being sent a physical package. I received a response (fairly quickly too I might add) from MF confirming that I'm being sent a physical package.

Either way, I'm pretty keen to get this software and start using it. I paid just over $60(AUD) for it in total and I'm happy with that.

Hope this helps anyone considering.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:38 am

bot @ $29 from MF

there is free shipping in U.S.

thx for the heads up! been wanting this

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:22 am

Brock wrote:For what it's worth - I purchased this deal from MF and, like mentioned in this thread, was concerned over the shipping and handling fee for what I thought would've been a digital download. I sent MF an email asking if they could confirm if it was a downloadable product or if i was actually being sent a physical package. I received a response (fairly quickly too I might add) from MF confirming that I'm being sent a physical package.

Either way, I'm pretty keen to get this software and start using it. I paid just over $60(AUD) for it in total and I'm happy with that.

Hope this helps anyone considering.
Well worth it. I bought it for an $85 upgrade price years ago. The only comparable Distortion plug in IMO is Fabfilter Saturn, which has a few good tricks and arguably and easier to use GUI, but lacks in the sheer torture level of distortion and feedback that Ohmicide can achieve.