Dragging Clips to Browser Behaviour

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
morgo

Dragging Clips to Browser Behaviour

Post by morgo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:18 pm

I feel like I have a comprehensive grasp of how live works but this one bit I can't seem to get my head around.. how does the behaviour or dragging clips to browser function?

This is my situation.. I have made a series of audio clips from a resample of a synth jam that I'd done in that project. I've now cropped the clips down using the "crop clip" function in the right click menu. When I drag the clips to the Clips folder in the User Library (im on live 9 suite) it creates a project folder, then a track, then the clips on that track appear after that.

So it looks like this

USER LIBRARY

--> Clips
------> Percussion (the folder I created to put them in)
-----------> Perc Rhythms.als
---------------> Perc Rhythms (the track in my set the clips are on)
---------------------> Digital Junk 1
---------------------> Digital Junk 2
---------------------> Digital Junk 3 etc (these are the actual clips I want to save)

Now this seems crazy to me! I just want to have different folders for my clips and they live in there. In this example.. I want to drag the clips into the "Percussion" folder and they go straight there instead of live creating 3 extra folders that I have to go through to get to my sounds - like this

USER LIBRARY

--> Clips
---> Percussion (the folder I created to put them in)
------> Digital Junk 1
------> Digital Junk 2
------> Digital Junk 3 etc (these are the actual clips I want to save)

Is this standard behaviour? Is there something I can change to make it work how I want?