Page 1 of 1

Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:47 pm
by TyCA
Hi all,

I'm new to Ableton, and have never installed any kind of plugin before. I am really interested in installing Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra (http://sso.mattiaswestlund.net/), but I do not know how. I have used Google to help, and Google has provided answers, but I cannot understand them well. I have not been using Ableton long. Can someone explain to me in simple English, a step-by-step guide on how to install Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra into Ableton?

It would be greatly appreciated.
~ Thanks

Re: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:36 am
by TyCA
Could I get some help please? :oops:

~ Happy Halloween

Re: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:16 am
by miekwave
Do you have a ssd drive dedicated fto loading orch programs? What is your interfacce and midi controller setup look like. How much ram do you have?

all these factors determine how you would install your product.

Re: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:19 am
by miekwave
TyCA wrote:Hi all,

I'm new to Ableton, and have never installed any kind of plugin before. I am really interested in installing Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra (http://sso.mattiaswestlund.net/), but I do not know how. I have used Google to help, and Google has provided answers, but I cannot understand them well. I have not been using Ableton long. Can someone explain to me in simple English, a step-by-step guide on how to install Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra into Ableton?

It would be greatly appreciated.
~ Thanks
Also sonatina is in sfz format, so you need a soundfont to vst converter. Sfz is a pain to implement in live. You are better off getting Kontakt 5 format. Sfz works natively with cakewalk. Try installing it in cakewalk then rewiring it to Ableton track.

Re: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:16 pm
by Vios
If you're using a PC, Get the SFZ sound font player. It's gray and boring looking, but works great. There's a link from this page to download it:

http://www.abletonproductiontutorials.com/free-vsts/

Re: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:49 am
by miekwave
Vios wrote:If you're using a PC, Get the SFZ sound font player. It's gray and boring looking, but works great. There's a link from this page to download it:

http://www.abletonproductiontutorials.com/free-vsts/
That is a good suggestion. Though I should share my experience using this application... (This was when I had Ableton 8).

Saving multiple tracks into a set is fine, but ecah time I opened the set containing the SFV samples, I recieved prompt errors for each track that was assigned to it. I didn't trobleshoot it further since I had other products so I didn't bother investigating further. It might be different now, since I havn't used it in about a year. Tyca/ Vios, can you voice for its stability in Ableton 9?

Re: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:30 pm
by TyCA
miekwave wrote:Do you have a ssd drive dedicated fto loading orch programs? What is your interfacce and midi controller setup look like. How much ram do you have?

all these factors determine how you would install your product.
Thank you for the responses.

I'm very new to music production, and I have no idea what you are talking about. ssd drive? interface? midi controller?

When I discovered Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra, the website I found it on said it worked great with a list of programs. Ableton was on the list.

I am using a Mac, not a PC.

Re: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:32 pm
by TyCA
Do you happen to know a free orchestra pack or anything like that that I could put into Ableton? I'm very interested in creating fantasy-cinematic music.

~ Thanks for responding. I appreciate it. :)

Re: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:47 am
by miekwave
TyCA wrote:

Do you happen to know a free orchestra pack or anything like that that I could put into Ableton? I'm very interested in creating fantasy-cinematic music.

~ Thanks for responding. I appreciate it. :)
DSK has a decent line of free VST instruments.
http://www.dskmusic.com/

(Edit: If you use his Plug-Ins be sure to support the developer by donating $10 or more to show your appreciation)

Re: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:57 am
by clement.m
The samples of the Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra are also available to download as AIFF files.
If you put those file in the Sampler instrument in Ableton, it will take you some time but it will work, and it's a nice way to understand the Sampler ;)

Re: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:59 pm
by TyCA
miekwave wrote:
TyCA wrote:

Do you happen to know a free orchestra pack or anything like that that I could put into Ableton? I'm very interested in creating fantasy-cinematic music.

~ Thanks for responding. I appreciate it. :)
DSK has a decent line of free VST instruments.
http://www.dskmusic.com/

(Edit: If you use his Plug-Ins be sure to support the developer by donating $10 or more to show your appreciation)
Those VST's look like a lot of fun. Sadly, they are only for PC. I am using a Mac.

Re: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:04 pm
by miekwave
TyCA wrote:
http://www.dskmusic.com/


Those VST's look like a lot of fun. Sadly, they are only for PC. I am using a Mac.
YOu can use them on Max, download a Mac extractor utility to convert dll to mac format VSTi files

http://homerecording.com/bbs/general-di ... -284696/2/