How do disable MIDI COntroller from "All Ins" "All Channels"

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
miekwave

How do disable MIDI COntroller from "All Ins" "All Channels"

Post by miekwave » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:45 am

I use my Korg SV-1 mainly for EP, Piano, and Generic string sounds. I also use it for recording performances into the Ableton Sequencer.

I also have connected to it, Roland JX-305, Yamaha CS6x, Korg NanoKeys 61, MicroKorg and misc. pad/kob controllers to it.

I use ALL INS setting when using the Nano Keys, Pad or misc. controllers all at once, which is perfect for editing task... however, this is interrupted when playing KORG SV-1, which I have to manually go and adjust MIDI input settings each time.

This hinders productivity to a degree.

How can I set ALL INS but bypass korg SV-1 midi input, and have it Tx midi ONLY when "Korg SV1 MIDI CHANNEL" is selected? (even though ALL INS is set up)?

dr.mysterium

Re: How do disable MIDI COntroller from "All Ins" "All Channels"

Post by dr.mysterium » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:35 am

Create a midi track for every input you desire, select the appropriate midi input for each track, group tracks together. Select this group as the midi input for your needed tracks.

If the above is not possible you could put that particular controller on a specific midi channel and filter it out.
I am Dr. M. Solo artist, member of 86BiTz, host of the Perfect Glitch Show, & the Live Jam Video Stream. Music on Soundcloud and BandCamp. Jam Archive on Patreon•••• I master audio & produce video of all of the above as Tremendm Labs on YouTube.

miekwave

Re: How do disable MIDI COntroller from "All Ins" "All Channels"

Post by miekwave » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:14 am

dr.mysterium wrote:Create a midi track for every input you desire, select the appropriate midi input for each track, group tracks together. Select this group as the midi input for your needed tracks.

If the above is not possible you could put that particular controller on a specific midi channel and filter it out.
While you have some good ideas, I specifically use "ALL MIDI" channels for routine task since I switch things up a bit with different keyboards or drum pads, as I use both interchangeably during edits.

However with Korg SV-1 being my primary source for bread and butter Piano and EP, I want just the SV-1 filtered out in edit mode.

My "Performance" set configuration is quite different, and it has dedicated inputs bused into groups, I unplug SV-1 midi in "Performance Mode".