Zebra 2

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tedlogan

Re: Zebra 2

Post by tedlogan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:56 pm

You know Nokatus, someone else mentioned that point as well, and it is a good one. I am really strongly leaning towards buying that pack for the very reason of reverse engineering them

And like you said, then Zebra 3 will be free. Gotta love u-He, and it's extremely refreshing to see Urs and co engaging with customers directly on the forums, in an honest and friendly manner.

EDIT: what the hell am I waiting for? Purchasing Dark Zebra now. What else could be better on a lazy Sunday afternoon than learning Zebra and reverse engineering Hans Zimmer/Howard Scarr patches? Chuck in maybe some wine and well, yeah...:)

Nokatus

Post by Nokatus » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:03 pm

Haha :), thumbs up!

e-smile-z

Post by e-smile-z » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:15 pm

it s more then just presets...if you watch the movie and you have played some of the presets before and you start recognizing them thats so cool...

there are also some other filter types like tyrell and some ms20 prototypes... haven t checked if they integrated them in 2.6...

most of the presets don t use the diva filters...
they feel different in zebra, i use a xmf in front to overloud them before the diva filters...

it is not a must update but you get more then just presets + a free upgrade to zebra 3

+ greate support...

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Nokatus wrote:U-he is my favorite developer by far, heh.
yeah, Urs doesn't do group buys, which many have asked for, but he's kept his price steady and upgrades have been free. plus ppl can do the dinosaur crossgrade just by sending an image from the web (Urs said so himself). very fair indeed

contrast this with a developer like Ohm Force who want you to pay extra to have 32 and 64 bit versions. ridiculous! (no one else does that)

Urs is the epitome of modern web customer support and product development

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:18 pm

sowhoso wrote: contrast this with a developer like Ohm Force who want you to pay extra to have 32 and 64 bit versions. ridiculous! (no one else does that)
Umm that's not true. There was an old business model they had where you could buy a substantially cheaper single format (AU, VST Mac, PC etc.) version or the "Pack" version that covered all formats. They don't do that anymore, and if you have an old single format version it may be that you have to pay once to upgrade it to the pack version to get features like 64 bit, but that's a lot different than Ohm Force charging arbitrarily for 64 bit. I own the full range of their plug ins and not a single one was I charged for to upgrade to the 64 bit versions when they came out. Ohm Force are a lot more like U-He than almost any other company in that they normally don't charge for upgrades to work on the latest operation system etc. unlike other companies I own plug ins from.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:11 am

Machinesworking wrote:They don't do that anymore
good!

Nick the Zombie

Post by Nick the Zombie » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:20 am

U-he is my favorite synth company as well. The Nexus6 is by far my favorite freeware synth and I use ACE pretty obsessively. I haven't spent much time with Zebra, but I really need to get on it.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:19 am

sowhoso wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:They don't do that anymore
good!
Meaning, if they charged you it's because you had a budget version single plug in and OS license, which they stopped making, and you were charged to upgrade to the full license to use it on new machines. Not at all them being money grubbers. You bought the budget version, and they decided it was too much work to keep making single license versions.

If U-He changes his business model at all he will unfortunately experience the same thing. For instance if he decides to honor people who have bought most of his products with discounts, someone who previously bought all of his products will feel ripped off.

tedlogan

Post by tedlogan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:15 pm

Just because

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/kvr-audio- ... ever-23986

Not that I need an award attached to an instrument to make me use it, but I always like it when Urs and co gain even more acknowledgment.

Hail Zebra, I love this synth. Nothing else is needed.

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:44 am

Machinesworking wrote:If U-He changes his business model at all he will unfortunately experience the same thing. For instance if he decides to honor people who have bought most of his products with discounts, someone who previously bought all of his products will feel ripped off.
old B.S. but wth...

Urs does not sell any products at a discount

get your shit straight

:!:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:31 am

sowhoso wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:If U-He changes his business model at all he will unfortunately experience the same thing. For instance if he decides to honor people who have bought most of his products with discounts, someone who previously bought all of his products will feel ripped off.
old B.S. but wth...

Urs does not sell any products at a discount

get your shit straight

:!:
Please, you're acting indignant about something you're not understanding.
What does "If" mean to you?

Plus, like I said, you're all pissed about Ohm Force charging you when you wanted the 64 bit version of their plug in when it's obvious you had the 'single' license, the cheapest version you could buy from them, that they discontinued before 64 bit versions even came out. You got charged to upgrade to the full 'Pack' license, not anything to whine about, but go ahead I guess?