Live 9 Drum Rack Time Warp

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Alibra

Live 9 Drum Rack Time Warp

Post by Alibra » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:29 am

Hey All,

I know this is a simple but i for the life of me can't figure this out. I have a drum rack with some audio samples on it, I need a way to warp the audio of the selected pad to the overall tempo of my project ( i do this in maschine using the "stretch" feature in the edit audio settings).

I did a search and I found this (section 9.2 Time-Warping Samples):
https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/audio ... d-warping/

Which is perfect but just need this feature for the drum rack (if it's possible to do this with the Push that would even be more amazing). Thanks in advance.
Calvinalibra
APC40 + Push + Apogee Duet 2
Ableton + Maschine
To Self: Learn the equipment you have before you spend a bunch of money on new stuff. New equipment doesn't make you better <-- not working out for me.

yur2die4

Re: Live 9 Drum Rack Time Warp

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:37 am

Warp the clip first, crop it so Live renders it at that tempo, then drag it into the drum rack.

Alibra

Post by Alibra » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:23 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Warp the clip first, crop it so Live renders it at that tempo, then drag it into the drum rack.
Thanks a lot for the response. I was afraid of that, i was hoping maybe I was overlooking a faster way of making this happen. Thanks again for the response.
Calvinalibra
APC40 + Push + Apogee Duet 2
Ableton + Maschine
To Self: Learn the equipment you have before you spend a bunch of money on new stuff. New equipment doesn't make you better <-- not working out for me.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:39 pm

There are kind of work arounds, but they are tricky and don't always yield the greatest results.

I think you're asking of there is a specific function dedicated where you can at your leisure deliberately make a clip in a drum rack change from one bpm to another. And that would probably be a nice feature for sure.

There are some time stretching methods with Sampler, but the results are hit and miss. I wouldn't utilize it on your current project, but it does make fun ways to manipulate audio and get crazy sounds!

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:36 pm

We have been asking for time-stretch/pitch-shift in Simpler/Sampler for YEARS... Tons of post on this. At one point (bout 5 years ago) Abes even acknowledged it as being on the to-do list, but nothing yet. There are some work-arounds, but to me they all suck (the work arounds do create interesting effects that are awesome fx, but not for the intent of a smooth stretch).

Maybe 9.2

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:50 pm

The answer is always Kontakt?