touchAble 2 is on the App Store.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
yur2die4

Re: touchAble 2 is on the App Store.

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:23 am

I've got a confession. And it involves not owning a cat. ;)

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:31 am

Okay. I have two computers. My homework computer and my music computer. Right now I'm doing homework and I have not updated Live on this one since 9.1.1. I'm updating as I type this, but I am just wondering if touchable is generally version specific? For some reason it was not connecting.

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:33 am

9.1.1 should be totally fine - make sure to quit the old server and reboot the computer afterwards to make sure! from now on, no server needs to be started anymore, the system will manage it as a service :)

Valery_Kondakoff

Post by Valery_Kondakoff » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:46 am

Still no ModWheel support in Keys and Pads? :( Or am I missing something?

There is a quick cosmetic bug report: the PitchWheel knob in Keys and Pads does not highlights in blue when enabled.
CU
VK

drez

Post by drez » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:54 am

Wowowowowowowowwowowowowowowowowowowowow!!!!!!

EXCELLENT update :o
http://www.twitter.com/dreznicek
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook Pro Retina Laptop, 2.7Ghz i7, 16Gig RAM, 500G SSD, Live 9, Push, Novation SL25 Mk2, iPad (TouchOSC, Lemur, Touch-Able), Reason

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:57 am

Valery_Kondakoff wrote:Still no ModWheel support in Keys and Pads? :( Or am I missing something?

There is a quick cosmetic bug report: the PitchWheel knob in Keys and Pads does not highlights in blue when enabled.
both on the to do list for the next smaller feature update!

koranek

Post by koranek » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:37 am

I currently own touchable for ipad. Is there a discount for buying touchable mini? I see there is some bundle for the two, but I don't understand how it works. I downloaded toucable 3 as an unpaid update. What about mini?

Not complaining, just curious :D
Licensed Counselor
johnkoranekcounseling.com
https://soundcloud.com/johnkoranek

Mac Pro 3.33 Ghz 6 core Xeon, 32 G ram, OS 10.12.6
Push 2
Novation Impulse
iConnectAudio 2+, iConnectMidi 4+
Live 10 Sweet

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:19 am

koranek wrote:I currently own touchable for ipad. Is there a discount for buying touchable mini? I see there is some bundle for the two, but I don't understand how it works. I downloaded toucable 3 as an unpaid update. What about mini?

Not complaining, just curious :D
there is a bundle waiting for review by the itunes team right now, so there will be a discount on touchAble mini if you already bought the iPad version and vice versa :)
should be a matter of days!
Once available, we'll keep a very low introductory price for one week, after that you will still have a discount, but not as much!

ansolas

Post by ansolas » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:54 am

For the lucky owners of PUSH: PUSH + touchAble is probably the best controller combination ever!
? What can it offer what Push does not ?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:43 pm

yur2die4 wrote:Hey guys look at the app store

I first saw it on my phone, thinking my cat was safe....

....but then. http://Www.touch-able.com/device-templates

A promise is a promise

Hahahahahaha....

Cheers
D

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:17 pm

ansolas wrote:
For the lucky owners of PUSH: PUSH + touchAble is probably the best controller combination ever!
I think it is more of a question of what does Push offer that Touchable doesn't.

First of all, touchable is faster than using Push when it comes to editing parameters or loading devices, switching between modes. It is faster because of using a video surface instead of relying on buttons and an LCD to wiggle your way through various modes. Above that, Touchable offers two horizontal planes so you can sort of multitask. Or you can expand to one large one for more focusrite activity. It is also really freakkng fast to drag around through session view.

Also, Push might have a 'step' sequencer with colored buttons on an 8x8 grid, but touchable has a Clip edit view that is once again faster, plus you get labels on your notes or drum samples.

Next is the very unique customizable control of elements. There is a smorgasbord of XY controls on one page which allow you to assign any available parameter and then give the parameters some basic characteristics like bounce, and gravity, or a recordable automation of the parameter. Or just use it like a simple xy pad.

Along with that, there is another custom editor which lets you add controls to a layout and edit their size, color, name, location. These two will be directly connected to a parameter of your choosing.

Then you have the option to use this wirelessly. Plus, the option to purchase the upgrade which lets you touch visual representations of the Ableton Live devices, Push does not offer this.

Finally, you Could walk into the bathroom with it, while your computer is in the basement

drez

Post by drez » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Yur2die4 that was an excellent description/comparison!
http://www.twitter.com/dreznicek
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook Pro Retina Laptop, 2.7Ghz i7, 16Gig RAM, 500G SSD, Live 9, Push, Novation SL25 Mk2, iPad (TouchOSC, Lemur, Touch-Able), Reason

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:01 pm

I'll give Push points for being tactile, having pressure sensitive pads, and genuinely velocity sensitive pads. Plus zero installation is required with Push.

But this only really means that they compliment each other extraordinarily well :D

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:21 pm

yur2die4 wrote:I'll give Push points for being tactile, having pressure sensitive pads, and genuinely velocity sensitive pads. Plus zero installation is required with Push.

But this only really means that they compliment each other extraordinarily well :D
The compliment goes further as well....

The LaunchSync Installers have just gone live on touchAbles website...

This means that if you have Max4Live you can use the LaunchSync device and have the Push, APC40, LaunchPad, LaunchControl XL etc. follow where you've pointed your touchAble Ring Focus Box...

It's a free device as well....

http://isotonikstudios.com/launchsync/

Cheers
D

ansolas

Post by ansolas » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:33 pm

yur2die4 wrote:
ansolas wrote:
I think it is more of a question of what does Push offer that Touchable doesnt
Umm, velocity sensitive pads with aftertouch for example ?
I think drumming on push is more fun than in an ipap