touchAble 2 is on the App Store.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
yur2die4

Re: touchAble 2 is on the App Store.

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:26 pm

dboy, what kind of environment will you use it in?

For home use, if you have wifi, it mostly works extremely well as it is. I'll sit on a chair and not touch my Push, a keyboard, or anything else, and just play with this completely wirelessly.

The only drawback I experience is different shit on my computer 'going to sleep' (win8.1), or if I simply take a break. But getting back up and running is as simple as closing the little touchable logo on my computer, and reopening it. I don't even have to re-open my set. It is pretty amazing actually, considering this is a worst case scenario.

It is the most fun thing for me to use on my air 2 :D endorse it 100%

JDFS

Post by JDFS » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:55 pm

dboy wrote:Is the USB connection through a jailbroken iPad? I'd love to see this working without having to "modify" my Air2. Was thinking of picking this up but looks like maybe I should wait?
I don't know if you have any experience jailbreaking, but for me an iPhone/iPad without a jailbreak is a "limited" device. My go-to jailbreak tweaks: f.lux, AdBlock, iFile, Springtomize, Nitrous.

dboy

Post by dboy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Not interested in jailbreaking the iPad at this point but willing to give the app a try if it truly helps with workflow and is stable. I'll wait to see what the new version brings before taking the plunge though.

drez

Post by drez » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 pm

Matt_Quinn wrote:Been a week now....you're killing me here! Would love to be playing with some new features over the holiday this weekend. 8)
One thing I've learned from the Touchable folk is that their time is kinda like reverse dog years: 1 day to them is 7 days to the rest of us.

I absolutely love the product. THE best controller software for Live. I use it in Tandem with the Push and it's awesome. I've thought about buying a second 16G last gen iPad to compliment the first. They don't get the timing very accurate on releases but at least we know they have something cooking. Looking forward to it!!
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:35 am

No Jailbreaking required...

Cheers
D

JDFS

Post by JDFS » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:31 am

Le k wrote:Thanks a lot for your kind words, it's always motivating when you hear this :)

Order of parameters of live plug ins are set by Ableton...

One thing I can say....wait for the news in the next few days....

:wink:

Best

yur2die4 wrote:Hello. I have upgraded from touchable mini to full blown touchable, and I just wanted to say that I really appreciate what you guys put into this. It is really fun to use. Thank you.

I'm kind of curious also about what method touchable uses to get all of the controllable parameters of a device. I've noticed that they are in an order, but not the order which most midi devices typically use when recalling instrument parameters. It reminds me a lot of old Mackie control. I t is great that all the parameters are accessible, but I wish the order made a little more sense. Still, I imagine it would be a lot of extra work to adjust this for every single instrument and device.

Also, for some reason Analog's filter Envelope Amount seems to only go in steps of either + or - 16, or zero??
Two weeks now, curious when you're going to announce touchAble 3.

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:52 pm

Seriously, I'm dying here.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Guys, relax :P. What's the rush??

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:13 pm

It's well worth waiting for!

Cheers
D

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

I still don't even know what it is haha. But I do know that touchable is very usable as it is!!!

If they end up making graphical interfaces for all the devices I will shit on my cat

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:09 pm

yur2die4 wrote:I still don't even know what it is haha. But I do know that touchable is very usable as it is!!!

If they end up making graphical interfaces for all the devices I will shit on my cat
Poor cat....

Cheers
D

drez

Post by drez » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:25 pm

S4racen wrote:
yur2die4 wrote:I still don't even know what it is haha. But I do know that touchable is very usable as it is!!!

Poor cat....

Cheers
D
<drops mic>
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook M1 Pro Max, 64Gig RAM, 4TB internal SSD, Live 11, Push1/2/3, Reason, VST O'Plenty

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:44 pm

drez wrote:
S4racen wrote:

Poor cat....

Cheers
D
<drops mic>
If that happens muwhahahahahaha

Cheers
D

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:51 am

Hey guys look at the app store

I first saw it on my phone, thinking my cat was safe....

....but then. http://Www.touch-able.com/device-templates

A promise is a promise

Chris / touchAble

Post by Chris / touchAble » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:16 am

pictures or it never happened :D :D