Newbie Question: Which Packs should I get?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Chrisled

Newbie Question: Which Packs should I get?

Post by Chrisled » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:20 am

I'm using Live9.1. I create ambient / alternative / rock music, kind of in a Sigur Ros style. I use Ableton for manipulating sounds with live effects and looping of bowed and standard guitar sounds and piano while playing with other musicians, but I want to start programming drum sounds now, both for playing live and for my studio recordings.

Lots of the drum sounds in ableton are aimed at electronic and dance music. Which packs should I look at getting to give me lots more drum sounds for a rock / alt music sound? Any help or advice anyone can give would be great.

SpeedKing

Re: Newbie Question: Which Packs should I get?

Post by SpeedKing » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:29 pm

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EZdrummer/

Hey dude, just FYI, EZDrummer is at the almost literally unbelievable price of $29 right now at Sweetwater and AudioDeluxe. I might PM you just so you get this info too, just because it's a Black Friday weekend thing, and never before has this kind of quality drum program been this cheap or even close that I know of.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Session Drums is a pretty nice pack of acoustic kits... But it is probably pricey compared to that EZDrummer deal...

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:29 pm

SpeedKing wrote:http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EZdrummer/

Hey dude, just FYI, EZDrummer is at the almost literally unbelievable price of $29 right now at Sweetwater and AudioDeluxe. I might PM you just so you get this info too, just because it's a Black Friday weekend thing, and never before has this kind of quality drum program been this cheap or even close that I know of.
Wow. Sold!

Would be worth it just for the midi drum patterns.