Sasha Ableton Live Essential Mix

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Verooka

Sasha Ableton Live Essential Mix

Post by Verooka » Thu May 19, 2005 8:40 pm

I know I'm risking starting this thread as it'll probably turn into a hate him/love him topic as usual but for those that might care Sasha is doing a live Essential Mix on Ableton Live this Saturday/Sunday at 1am.

Whether you like him or not it'll probably be interesting to hear something done on Ableton and how it sounds. To be honest I wouldn't go to a club to see him these days (getting on a bit now!) so I haven't heard him on Ableton.

I think it'll be useful as a Live user to at least listen once to it.

Ta!

globalgoon

Post by globalgoon » Thu May 19, 2005 9:27 pm

he is the abi titmuss of the techno weld

anonymouse

Post by anonymouse » Thu May 19, 2005 9:30 pm

I hope he doesn't forget to give a big shout out to his posse on the Ableton Live forum.

polar_action

very cutting

Post by polar_action » Thu May 19, 2005 10:52 pm

do you think being described as the abi titmus of techno will endear him to the forum???

anyways it will be interesting to listen to.... :lol:

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Thu May 19, 2005 10:56 pm

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Thu May 19, 2005 10:58 pm

It won't answer anybodies sound quality questions as far as Live goes, since it will mastered by a mega buck level mastering house.

smutek

Post by smutek » Thu May 19, 2005 11:46 pm

suburbanbather wrote:It won't answer anybodies sound quality questions as far as Live goes, since it will mastered by a mega buck level mastering house.
Yeah, and everyone knows about Abletons render function and all.

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Thu May 19, 2005 11:53 pm

I did not notice any problems with what we rendered, other than the fact that I had Absynth turned up too loud on one of the tracks.

NO! I'm Sasha and Sparticus rolled into one.

suburbanbather

Post by suburbanbather » Thu May 19, 2005 11:55 pm

I think Adamjay got a picture of me at the Autechre show. Never Pabst again, never!

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri May 20, 2005 12:00 am

suburbanbather wrote:I did not notice any problems with what we rendered, other than the fact that I had Absynth turned up too loud on one of the tracks.

NO! I'm Sasha and Sparticus rolled into one.
Thats just me being sarcastic about another post.

suburbanbather wrote:I think Adamjay got a picture of me at the Autechre show. Never Pabst again, never!
Adam Jay was in Baltimore? If your ever in B-more adam def stop by! I'l show you a ......... erm........ probably a pretty boring time. :?

I don't get out much these days...

Oh I get it..... the guy puking...... 8)

Just shot you an email Thomas.

dallas!

Re: Sasha Ableton Live Essential Mix

Post by dallas! » Fri May 20, 2005 8:35 am

Verooka wrote:I know I'm risking starting this thread as it'll probably turn into a hate him/love him topic as usual but for those that might care Sasha is doing a live Essential Mix on Ableton Live this Saturday/Sunday at 1am.

Whether you like him or not it'll probably be interesting to hear something done on Ableton and how it sounds. To be honest I wouldn't go to a club to see him these days (getting on a bit now!) so I haven't heard him on Ableton.

I think it'll be useful as a Live user to at least listen once to it.

Ta!
FYI

He's also done a live set for Kiss FM back in January using Maven+Ableton...very good set. As well as a Benefit gig for the Tsunami broadcast on Proton Radio (second hour not so good). I have both on Soulseek, PM me if you want copies.

dallas!

scot7y1

Post by scot7y1 » Mon May 23, 2005 5:21 pm

Cant believe no one has a comment on this? I thought it was ok few decent tunes bit different from the normal prog he used to play. Couldn't really hear what he was doing with Live though? Few effects supatrigga and thats about it really? Any takers? :roll:

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Mon May 23, 2005 5:59 pm

its pretty widely known he just has a few songs in 2 live tracks and alternates between them. nothing special, lots of time for pointing at the crowd I expect.

I've done a session myself at BBC Maida Vale and it's a fantastic place, the engineers are top class as is all the equipment .. everything from tympani to clavicords, to the biggest set of monitors I have ever seen or hear. We all had to sit down from laughing at the sound when they demoed them for us!! .
I had a track that used a little hammond sample and they insisted I play their C3 and leslie instead. we had 48 tracks through their flying fader desk and they just let us do it all, they only steeped in when we needed technical advice or miking expertise. I could live in that day forever.

which leads me to wonder exactly what Sasha did there all day ?

what a waste.

presses play. smiles at engineeer. makes cup of tea. civilisation ends.

drush

Post by drush » Mon May 23, 2005 6:03 pm

AdamJay wrote:<puke>
now that's funny ;

nice sig, smutek.. heh

has it occurred to anyone the retardedness of all this hype @ these being "ableton" sets. it reminds me of when FS was first out of embedded linux and becoming a lot more popular... djs were getting billed as "final scratch set". as if previously they were getting billed as "dj'ing.. with records!"

yeah, i know this is all due to his bs marketing. and fine whatever, all disdain i may have for the crap he plays aside, more power to 'im.

i suppose i'm still under the disgusted influence of having picked up a Remix mag this weekend and seeing a piece titled "Sasha, the Inventor". people here have tried to take responsibility for this promotion tactic away from sasha and lay all the ~blame on his PR. his PR hacks work for him; he's got to approve what they do. and no, you often don't have control over what a magazine does, but the general idea for all this had to come from somewhere, and be initially blessed by someone...

puke is right.

mcconaghy

Post by mcconaghy » Mon May 23, 2005 6:03 pm

globalgoon wrote:he is the abi titmuss of the techno weld
I'd rather watch her doing chicks than him... 8O