Warning against using Jbridge!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dazzer

Re: Warning against using Jbridge!

Post by dazzer » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:58 am

kholland65 wrote:I recently purchased jbridge after using the demo in an attempt to bridge my 32bit plugins for use in 64bit ableton 9. After having done so I would advise against it for 2 reasons.

1. Jbridge only caused ableton to continually crash.

2. The developer also practices awful customer service. There are apparently 2 different sites for the mac and windows versions of the software, both of which look almost identical. Having been the Mac page previously, when I landed again on the windows version of the site, I did not realized that I was on a different page. I purchased the windows version by mistake the developer is refusing to give me the proper mac version. Jbridge is developed by some shady scammer from portugal, which I have just learned.

Point is, its not stable, and its not worth supporting someone who is attempting to scam people out of money.
OP, despite not having the Mac version that you need, you report that it continually crashes? How?

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:19 am

dazzer wrote: OP, despite not having the Mac version that you need, you report that it continually crashes? How?
haha, excellent pickup. clearly someone is not the sharpest tool in the shed...

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:08 am

dazzer wrote:
OP, despite not having the Mac version that you need, you report that it continually crashes? How?
The plot thickens...

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:27 am

With a single post to kholland65's history here we can assume this is some jerk trying to bad mouth a developer over a $15 mistake that's very clearly their fault. :roll:

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Machinesworking wrote:With a single post to kholland65's history here we can assume this is some jerk trying to bad mouth a developer over a $15 mistake that's very clearly their fault. :roll:

But that’s a lot easier than bad mouthing the countless developers that haven’t gotten off their ass and made 64bit versions of their plugins yet. :x

Donnie

Post by Donnie » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:04 pm

Works fine for me, never had a problem.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:26 pm

you again? I saw same kind of the topic posted by a troll.