Bitwig 1.0

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Airyck

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by Airyck » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:36 pm

njh wrote:
Airyck wrote:It's up to the person (or people) who created something to decide how much it's worth to them, not you.

It's up to you to decide if that price is worth it to you, if not, move on.

Simple
And Its up to me so speak out against something I find to be B.S. or a gimmick.
Im not asking you to get involved and Im not being a dick a telling you to "move on"
If you dont want to read what I have to say then don't read it and especially don't respond to me.

Even Simpler
I never said I didn't want to read what you had to say, I'm not sure how you got that out of what I wrote. I was trying to help you because you are obviously very emotional about this. I was simply stating a truth that you may not be aware of. Of course you have a right to bitch and whine and moan, I'm not going to stop you, do what you feel is best.

Now I'm just suggesting that you try approaching this calm manner. Calling people names and tell them that if they don't like you're saying they can just leave isn't going to help them to understand where you're coming from. What is it that you're trying to accomplish here? It doesn't seem like you have any goal. Are you just trying to vent your frustrations on strangers on a public message board? That seems pretty selfish, actually this whole thing does. Try and be more considerate of other people, I will do the same.
Last edited by Airyck on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ableton Live 10 Suite / Push 2 / Max 8 /

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:40 pm

Ah, the selfish bastards are obviously the Bitwig programmers! Wanting to get paid for their work, pft... :roll:

njh

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:46 pm

stringtapper wrote:
njh wrote:If what I had to say was popular you would be here "Bro'ing" me up.
Racist.

:x
Immature cunt :lol:

njh

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:49 pm

H20nly wrote:yes. and those of us with jobs are aggravating the situation.
Oh yes H20nly is the only one in the world with a job
The rest of us poor people must be just to lazy huh H20?
Your so powerful and liked by everyone and RICH!!!
I bet you could knock several buildings down with a single punch! POW!

Thats why our girlfriends left us and went to captain america

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:49 pm

njh wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
njh wrote:If what I had to say was popular you would be here "Bro'ing" me up.
Racist.

:x
Immaturecunt :lol:
Irony is hard.

Looks like he's taking a break from the video game forums.

:mrgreen:
Unsound Designer

njh

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:51 pm

TomViolenz wrote:So is the politics ban only valid in the Lounge then?!
How about we continue with the Huxley/Orwell global warming discussion here? This seems to be a free for all opinions thread :mrgreen:

Edit: I see myrnova is back ,-)
Great investigating.
Im Myrnova like you are Sherlock Holmes*.

*thats me saying sarcastically im not myrnova and your not as witty as sherlock holmes.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:52 pm

Oh shit, nathannn is that you??

Wtf man, I know you sometimes get a a sort of "off your meds" vibe every once in a while, but come on man!
Unsound Designer

TomViolenz

Post by TomViolenz » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:54 pm

njh wrote:
How about we continue with the Huxley/Orwell global warming discussion here? This seems to be a free for all opinions thread :mrgreen:

Great investigating.

*thats me saying sarcastically im not myrnova and your not as witty as sherlock holmes.
And not as british either ;-)

But good to hear you're not myrnova, that heavy focus on capitalism and AMERICA could have fooled me...

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:56 pm

njh wrote:

Great investigating.

says the guy who thinks people with no running water and fly infestations are worried about the cost of a German engineered EDM producing bit of software.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:58 pm

WWFD?*

What Would Fonzie Do?

I'd be happy they have Guitar Centers in 3rd world countries except...
it's Guitar Center*

*Which would make it (more) torture.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:58 pm

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:06 pm

FONZIE THINKS OF THE CHILDREN
ImageImage

njh

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:08 pm

stringtapper wrote:Oh shit, nathannn is that you??

Wtf man, I know you sometimes get a a sort of "off your meds" vibe every once in a while, but come on man!
DO you see the mindless nitpicking that go's on here when some one mentions that software cost too much
What if I said a t.v.s are shit and cost too much would you people defend that with your life?
What about food? FOOD COST TOO MUCH. does that piss you off? Plane tickets cost too much... grrrr grrrr are you punching shit?

And not you are trying to belittle what I was saying about class-ism and turn it into me taking meds?
Are people who take medications now also a Subhuman?
I find it insane the shit you think is ok to make fun of. Are you going to start talking about beating your slaves?

I came in here talking shit about a software product and you act like im attacking your family and your livelihood.
Do you people consider your worth to be about the same as software? Why they fuck are you people so defensive? Why the hell would you people insist that something be priced out of the reach of people?

You guys really are behind in your thinking. If I was to ask to name 5 of your heroes I feel Ronald Regan,Margret Thatcher Winston Churchill would be on the top of the list.

rtcardinal

Post by rtcardinal » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:09 pm

Of course, cheaper is always nicer. Personally, I think the price is completely reasonable. It's middle of the road for a cross platform, feature rich DAW. It wasn't long ago that this stuff $800-1500, despite wether the fact that you were a hobbyist or not. If you know what you're doing, you could spend the $400 on this and make a living with it. Plain and simple, it's a powerful tool for the price.
I'm really not sure what people were expecting. Cheaper price points seem to come at another cost (You need a mac for logic, A windows PC for FLstudio, and WHOLE lot of extra time for Reaper - but I believe that to be the only real exception here). This is the first thing that really goes to toe to toe with Live, and it's cheaper. I get this impression that people have this consumer's sense of entitlement, where the only way to 'compete' is to come in, and offer something with twice as many features for half price. Typical attitude. It's the same in the game industry, and it's not sustainable.
I think it's totally valid to compare it to Live Suite (or at least Live standard with a few purchased instruments), and in that regard, it's a pretty great price.
I use Ableton to make a living, and I'm definitely not rich, so I'm pretty serious about changing things up. But, I'm really excited to check this out. I'd be irresponsible not to check out a new codebase and evolution of the paradigm that I use. Being ignorant to that is how you become one of those cruddy old pro tools/'insert DAW created at the dawn of time here' users.
If it's good, and I can get quick with it fast, then it's time to start using it in parallel to live and start archiving my Live projects.
Fun times.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:10 pm

njh wrote:
stringtapper wrote:Oh shit, nathannn is that you??

DO you see the mindless nitpicking that go's on here when some one mentions that software cost too much
What if I said a t.v.s are shit and cost too much would you people defend that with your life?
What about food? FOOD COST TOO MUCH. does that piss you off? Plane tickets cost too much... grrrr grrrr are you punching shit?

And not you are trying to belittle what I was saying about class-ism and turn it into me taking meds?
Are people who take medications now also a Subhuman?
I find it insane the shit you think is ok to make fun of. Are you going to start talking about beating your slaves?

I came in here talking shit about a software product and you act like im attacking your family and your livelihood.
Do you people consider your worth to be about the same as software? Why they fuck are you people so defensive? Why the hell would you people insist that something be priced out of the reach of people?

You guys really are behind in your thinking. If I was to ask to name 5 of your heroes I feel Ronald Regan,Margret Thatcher Winston Churchill would be on the top of the list.
yeah, he's right. lets all make fun of those greedy assholes at Bitwig!