Bitwig 1.0

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
pencilrocket
Posts: 1718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by pencilrocket » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:09 am

beats me wrote:
:lol:

I’d say 80% of the time when watching a demonstration or tutorial on something the song they are working on is absolute rubbish, and I don’t mean “not my taste” rubbish. I mean rubbish by anybody’s standard.
haha, it just sounds like 5-years-old playing video game.
Image

njh
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:58 am

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:48 pm

eyeknow wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:400usd sounds cheap to me, but maybe i'm just accustomed to everything for electronic music being expensive.

i'll probably just buy the thing to fuck around with it at that price.
Did I tell you about my new "charity?" If you donate 400 bucks (since that isn't much money) I'll give you a free toaster oven. Believe me, the money will go to a VERY good cause.
He is obviously trying to brag that he has enough money where $400 for a piece of music software that he never has used and that is redundant (if you own live) is "cheap"

Bravo leisuremuffin, you have enough money and (let us know you have enough) to where you are excepted in society. You are not like the trashy people who should be beaten because they can not afford or justify paying $400 for software they never have used.

How old are you leisuremuffin? Im guessing you are old enough to be a baby boomer or a late gen x'er because both generations are full of greedy immature narcissist who are always looking for a complement and love to gloat about their finances. Do you look in the mirror and congratulate yourself on how great you are?

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Wow, ok, some things you should know about me:

I don't own a car.
I have two pairs of shoes.
I currently live in my aunts attic.
All of my worldly possessions fit easily in a SUV with the seats folded down.


The only shit I've spent money on is music stuff. I am simply comparing the price of bitwig, to the price of, oh let's say a decent guitar, or a hardware synth. It certainly does more than either of those things, at a much smaller price. I'm going to buy it, because I'm extremely serious about electronic music, and it's my part of my livelihood.


Also, go fuck yourself.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

njh
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:58 am

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:03 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:Wow, ok, some things you should know about me:

I don't own a car.
I have two pairs of shoes.
I currently live in my aunts attic.
All of my worldly possessions fit easily in a SUV with the seats folded down.


The only shit I've spent money on is music stuff. I am simply comparing the price of bitwig, to the price of, oh let's say a decent guitar, or a hardware synth. It certainly does more than either of those things, at a much smaller price. I'm going to buy it, because I'm extremely serious about electronic music, and it's my part of my livelihood.


Also, go fuck yourself.
I will go fuck myself but first,

You must lack common sense because being a poor musician you don't rattle on about how $449 is decent price for SOFTWARE that is unoriginal,redundant and unavailable for you to use.
$449 places bitwig out of the reach for most musicians of the world who are just starting out and who are NOT hobbyist.
It wouldn't be that big of a deal if bitwig was not marketing itself to bedroom producers and musicians but it is.
If you are susceptible to marketing like a little child and are going act like a kid who is oblivious to the real worth of money then you need to expect some one to come along and give shit.

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Actually, assuming they already have a computer, it's a pretty inexpensive way to start making electronic music. I would actually recommend ableton to someone starting out at this point, as it's what I've used for 12 fucking years and bitwig still doesn't exist. But for how deeply invested in electronic music I am, at around 400, I will be trying out the competing product to the thing that I do most of my work on.


But I don't need to justify myself to an asshole like you. You don't know shit about me, and you're fucking crazy if you think that 400usd is some outrageous sum of money that only a rich playboy can afford.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

njh
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:58 am

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:31 pm

leisuremuffin wrote: and you're fucking crazy if you think that 400usd is some outrageous sum of money that only a rich playboy can afford.
LOL i spit out my drink laughing at this. :lol: :lol:

A rich playboy? LOL :lol:

I dont think you are rich if you can afford $400. I do think its too much to ask musicians and bedroom producers(who they are marketing to) to pay for software especially when you consider what else is out there and when you consider that bitwig is not original and really doesn't bring anything new.

stringtapper
Posts: 6271
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:32 pm

Yeah, welcome to the world of making music (i.e. planet earth).

The most expensive instrument I own cost me about 12x more than Bitwig—and it only does one thing.

And even that is a drop in the bucket compared to what many professionals pay for their instruments, especially string players.

If you think music software is too expensive then go to a Guitar Center and pick out all of the comparable hardware needed to do what a DAW does and see how that comes out.
Unsound Designer

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:38 pm

Plus the general 'it isn't available' argument that's been used for so long is moot. It will be available.
It isn't redundant, either, BW has features Live doesn't and vice-versa.

'Bedroom producers' include Cubarse, Reaper, Logic, Studio One, not just FL Studio, Live and Reason.
Want to argue that Logic is 200? You have to buy a mac to own it.

Want the highest tier version of your 'bedroom producer' software? Compare it to BW price.
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

puzzlefactory
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 pm

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by puzzlefactory » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Yeah €300 really isn't that much when you consider what you can do with it. Lets not forget these are all professional applications that can potentially earn you a lot more than the price of the software.

Buleriachk
Posts: 1257
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:52 am
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Contact:

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by Buleriachk » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:47 pm

In the demo I saw, Bitwig looked like a big, blue comic book....

njh
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:58 am

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:00 pm

stringtapper wrote:Yeah, welcome to the world of making music (i.e. planet earth).

The most expensive instrument I own cost me about 12x more than Bitwig—and it only does one thing.

And even that is a drop in the bucket compared to what many professionals pay for their instruments, especially string players.

If you think music software is too expensive then go to a Guitar Center and pick out all of the comparable hardware needed to do what a DAW does and see how that comes out.
Why are you telling me what the cost of the most expensive instrument you own is? Do you want an award for being able to afford an instrument that cost $4,800?
Most MUSICIANS especially young ones can not afford $400 for a redundant piece of software.
I could go to the same guitar center you suggest and buy FL studio for $199. I could go to the app store and buy Logic for $199.00
I could buy Reaper for $60.00, Garage band for $15.00, Ableton live Intro for 199.00 or the dl or ableton standard for $299.00

If I was to buy the hardware I would pay more than $400.00 but in ten years I would still be able to sell the hardware when the software would be useless and not supported.

njh
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:58 am

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:11 pm

shadx312 wrote:Plus the general 'it isn't available' argument that's been used for so long is moot. It will be available.
It isn't redundant, either, BW has features Live doesn't and vice-versa.

'Bedroom producers' include Cubarse, Reaper, Logic, Studio One, not just FL Studio, Live and Reason.
Want to argue that Logic is 200? You have to buy a mac to own it.

Want the highest tier version of your 'bedroom producer' software? Compare it to BW price.
What makes you feel like you have to justify the price of software that some company that you have nothing to do with is selling?
Who gives a shit if you have to have a mac to use logic there are many ways for a musician to get a mac besides paying full price.
btw Fl is $199.00

I think most of you are being pretentious and dont want anyone to think you are "poor" so you say that $400 is a reasonable price.
There is nothing reasonable about $400.00 for software that most people dont know much about. To me its an elitist marketing decision.
But fuck them
If you price you software out of reach of the people you market it to it will be cracked.
I am all for people using cracks of software that is priced beyond the reach of most people in the World.

Thats another point also. You people that say $400.00 is reasonable are being selfish by not realizing there is another world out there full of "2nd and 3rd world countries" who cant afford $400.00 for software. What are you going to tell them people to do, get a job and save?
You guys really have you heads up your ass.

njh
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:58 am

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by njh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:13 pm

puzzlefactory wrote:Yeah €300 really isn't that much when you consider what you can do with it. Lets not forget these are all professional applications that can potentially earn you a lot more than the price of the software.
Bitwig and Live are not marketed as "pro" only applications.
Bitwig specifically was being marketed towards the bedroom producer and Live towards the musician.

stringtapper
Posts: 6271
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by stringtapper » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:28 pm

njh wrote:Why are you telling me what the cost of the most expensive instrument you own is?
To illustrate a point. Would it have been easier on your fragile sensibilities if I had said it was "my friend's" instrument?

njh wrote:Do you want an award for being able to afford an instrument that cost $4,800?
Uh, the instrument was the award. That's how commerce works.

njh wrote:Most MUSICIANS especially young ones can not afford $400 for a redundant piece of software.
You've met most musicians on the planet have you?

News flash: investing in being a musician can be expensive. And then it's hard to make a living at. And I'm talking about being an instrumentalist who actually works. Not a guy fucking around with beats in his underwear. Yes it's tough but all of the pros I know and work with invest in good tools for their craft.
Unsound Designer

regretfullySaid
Posts: 8913
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Re: Bitwig 1.0

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Tapper stop bragging that you care about your work and are good at it, you sound like an insensitive prick. :lol:

3rd world kids crying about 1st world problems? That's new.
If a 3rd world kid has access to a DAW then they probably get to use it for free because they're lucky enough to have some organization teaching it to them.

FLStudio is also 399 and 910
https://support.image-line.com/jshop/sh ... (DOWNLOAD)
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Post Reply