Touchable 2, no osc with custom templates?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
newtfish

Touchable 2, no osc with custom templates?

Post by newtfish » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi,

Bit disappointed having bought touchable 2, only to find out that the custom templates only work with specific parameters in live. I was expecting for it to allow you to create specific osc addresses for the custom templates, so I could access things in live. But no go.

Anyone have any further information about this?

Chris / touchAble

Re: Touchable 2, no osc with custom templates?

Post by Chris / touchAble » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:49 pm

Hey Newtfish,

You can access almost all parameters within your Live Set directly via the API, so i'm not exactly sure what you might need OSC for - but maybe it is possible using Midi?
We have posted a HowTo video about the template editor here - it hopefully shows you a way to do what you want to do :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGNb07WyCwY

Chris

newtfish

Re: Touchable 2, no osc with custom templates?

Post by newtfish » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:46 pm

I wanted to access some maxforlive controls using osc, but it seems not possible. If I use the built in touchable api or midi access, these will be fixed to the tracks/devices in my set.

But what if I want to control a device from a custom template, and move that around in my set, and have the custom template still control the same parameters? Not possible.

Ideally it would be great to define specific osc addresses for each controller in the custom editor. Then also to define a specific IP UDP address to send the osc addresses to. A bit like lemur or touchosc